FE Team Challenge - discussion - Page 16 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-11-2007, 06:08 AM   #151
Registered Member

Wanted to throw this out for discussion. Originally I was thinking that we could have quote " 2 seasons" in the FE challenge. A March to Sept(spring) and October to Feb (Fall) season. Each cycle a team would be awarded points for placement. 1st-3point, 2nd- 2points, 3rd-1point. at the end of the season the team with the most overall points for that segment would be, as example 2007 spring series winner.

Hardcore FE is a grind and can take it toll. The question is: Would you want to do a series or just do one cycle at a time. People would still be coming and going and the TC job would be tougher finding and replacing members but that's going to be happing whether there is a series or not. I wouldn't be necessary for the same team to be intact through out the whole series thus folks could come as go as the fatigue factors come and go.

zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:37 PM   #152
FE nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto View Post
Wanted to throw this out for discussion. Originally I was thinking that we could have quote " 2 seasons" in the FE challenge. A March to Sept(spring) and October to Feb (Fall) season. Each cycle a team would be awarded points for placement. 1st-3point, 2nd- 2points, 3rd-1point. at the end of the season the team with the most overall points for that segment would be, as example 2007 spring series winner.

Hardcore FE is a grind and can take it toll. The question is: Would you want to do a series or just do one cycle at a time. People would still be coming and going and the TC job would be tougher finding and replacing members but that's going to be happing whether there is a series or not. I wouldn't be necessary for the same team to be intact through out the whole series thus folks could come as go as the fatigue factors come and go.
I'm in it for the long haul so a series would be OK for me. I have a question now: Where do I post my results? I just turned in a 55.305 mpg tank. 247 miles and 4.477 gallons with an average speed of 29 mph. It was just enough to put me ahead of SVOboy in the top 10 and I'm only ~.3% away from basjoos.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #153
Registered Member

Quote:
Hardcore FE is a grind and can take it toll. The question is: Would you want to do a series or just do one cycle at a time.
I'm with DRW on this one: marathon ecodriving can be tiring, and though the results are satisfying, I'm going to want a breather.

For that reason I prefer the 28 day cycle (if that's still under discussion), and individual cycles, rather than an ongoing series.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:28 PM   #154
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry View Post
I'm in it for the long haul so a series would be OK for me. I have a question now: Where do I post my results? I just turned in a 55.305 mpg tank. 247 miles and 4.477 gallons with an average speed of 29 mph. It was just enough to put me ahead of SVOboy in the top 10 and I'm only ~.3% away from basjoos.
That would be under current stats and standings in the FE Challenge Forum. Or just forward them to your TC(Team Captain)
Old 04-13-2007, 05:49 AM   #155
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry View Post
I just turned in a 55.305 mpg tank. 247 miles and 4.477 gallons with an average speed of 29 mph. It was just enough to put me ahead of SVOboy in the top 10 and I'm only ~.3% away from basjoos.
You just jumped basjoos and are now in 2nd place on the top ten % EPA. The Saturn is starting to hit her stride
Old 04-15-2007, 07:19 PM   #156
Registered Member

Landspeed is making a serious move on the EPA top ten. Great job On the last tank.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #157
Registered Member

Lightbulb Rules Interpretation

Quote:
I don't have any problems with it because he has not filled yet so there is nothing to report. We do need to address this just for future reference. I think that in the future if there has been fills for the cycle we just treat it like a new teammate coming onboard as discussed earlier in the Version 2.0 thread.

So James don't fill
From the rules (which are being proofed) a member cannot change vehicles during a cycle.

Another good example of how the rules can be subject to change...
(which is how it was created -- cannot predict all possible future events).

EDIT: Moved from Stats Thread for discussion

So, the complexity that I can foresee is establishing a baseline on a newly purchased vehicle -- since the competition is based on an improvement and a 90-Day Average. The first tank would essentially have to be the "Baseline". Learning a new vehicle could see a dramatic improvement or be a tough learning curve.

Since no fills have occurred and we are pretty early in the Cycle, adding the vehicle is similar to adding a member. I see no problem with such an addition, but would set a precident for future, similar situations.

Any concerns or suggestions?

The Commish
Old 04-16-2007, 04:44 PM   #158
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77 View Post
The first tank would essentially have to be the "Baseline".
That's what I was thinking, yes.

Quote:
Learning a new vehicle could see a dramatic improvement or be a tough learning curve.
Here's hoping for the first option. James is getting a giant-killer of a machine, but we've also seen that the VX can be troublesome if it's not in peak tune. Fingers crossed.

Anyone have a problem with this? Speak up if you do! Also, if you do have an objection, consider that Team Slow Burn will be short a member for this session without James. Not sure what that would mean - disqualification of the whole team? Sacking of the team captain??
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:37 PM   #159
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77 View Post
From the rules (which are being proofed) a member cannot change vehicles during a cycle.

Another good example of how the rules can be subject to change...
(which is how it was created -- cannot predict all possible future events).

EDIT: Moved from Stats Thread for discussion

So, the complexity that I can foresee is establishing a baseline on a newly purchased vehicle -- since the competition is based on an improvement and a 90-Day Average. The first tank would essentially have to be the "Baseline". Learning a new vehicle could see a dramatic improvement or be a tough learning curve.

Since no fills have occurred and we are pretty early in the Cycle, adding the vehicle is similar to adding a member. I see no problem with such an addition, but would set a precident for future, similar situations.

Any concerns or suggestions?

The Commish
That's not something I came up with did you add that?

I think with new cars they should fill as quickly as possible to establish a base line. For example fill at 4 gallons instead of running the tank to empty. It would also take care of the min fill requirement for that driver.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:18 PM   #160
Registered Member

Ok, I'll fill up right when I get the car and then again within a couple of days to get a baseline.

GasSavers_James is offline   Reply With Quote