FE Team Challenge - discussion - Page 17 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-16-2007, 06:40 PM   #161
Registered Member

It came from somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto View Post
That's not something I came up with did you add that?
If you or Metro did not, then probably, yes. Is this not a reasonable rule that basically fits into the other rules? One driver and one car in one cycle. I think this came up at some point.

RH77

Old 04-16-2007, 06:41 PM   #162
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Ok, I'll fill up right when I get the car and then again within a couple of days to get a baseline.
Well you need to burn 4-5 gallons to get it some what right. If you're picking the car up and driving it home drive it home then that will probably work. Just figure around 200-250 miles or so that would give you at least 4 gallons at 50 MPG.

zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:52 PM   #163
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
That's what I was thinking, yes.

Here's hoping for the first option. James is getting a giant-killer of a machine, but we've also seen that the VX can be troublesome if it's not in peak tune. Fingers crossed.

Anyone have a problem with this? Speak up if you do! Also, if you do have an objection, consider that Team Slow Burn will be short a member for this session without James. Not sure what that would mean - disqualification of the whole team? Sacking of the team captain??
I agree getting a new car is a double edge sword. I know that from having 2 in the last 6 months. And even if some one kill the baseline on the next fill the 90 day average will catch up and reflect that as each fill goes in the tank.

As far as new drivers. There a chance that anyone of us could be put out of commission due to thief, accident, or mechanical and finical difficulties. I think that since a cycle is 42 days you have time to find someone. Back tracking the 90 day cycle is no big deal. Working with PM can be time consuming if someone is off line for a couple of days. Lets go with 21 days(Half a cycle) to find a replacement or the end of a cycle which ever is shorter.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:31 AM   #164
Registered Member

My trip to Ottawa on Monday was a FE bust.

It was so windy (head wind, naturally) that when I opened the hood before I went, I didn't need to use the prop rod to hold it up. No joke.

That, plus driving in "normal" traffic once I got closer to the city meant I struggled to reach 65 mpg (US) on the trip up there. I abandoned P&G pretty early on and just did my best to DWL.

For the return trip, the wind had died down somewhat... and shifted to become a cross wind, so I didn't get the benefit of a "push" back home. (Edit: a cross wind is still an aerodynamic penalty.)

But traffic was much lighter. I exhibited the patience of a saint and managed 98.x mpg (this is on the recalibrated SG) to drag the tank average up to 74.x I would not have put in that kind of effort if it weren't for this competition.

This tank won't be a record fill!
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:38 AM   #165
Registered Member

Quote:
My trip to Ottawa on Monday was a FE bust.

It was so windy (head wind, naturally) that when I opened the hood before I went, I didn't need to use the prop rod to hold it up. No joke.

That, plus driving in "normal" traffic once I got closer to the city meant I struggled to reach 65 mpg (US) on the trip up there. I abandoned P&G pretty early on and just did my best to DWL.

For the return trip, the wind had died down somewhat... and shifted to become a cross wind, so I didn't get the benefit of a "push" back home. (Edit: a cross wind is still an aerodynamic penalty.)

But traffic was much lighter. I exhibited the patience of a saint and managed 98.x mpg (this is on the recalibrated SG) to drag the tank average up to 74.x I would not have put in that kind of effort if it weren't for this competition.

This tank won't be a record fill!
How many miles is that? Unless it was a bunch you still have time to drag it up a bit
Old 05-03-2007, 03:55 PM   #166
Registered Member

It was pretty significant - around 250 km. Of course I'll try to bring it up higher.

Those freeway trips are painful!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:39 PM   #167
Registered Member

Quote:
It was pretty significant - around 250 km. Of course I'll try to bring it up higher.

Those freeway trips are painful!
That's only 2 gallons. Plenty of gas to drag it up. Curious, do you remember what your average speed was on the return?
Old 05-04-2007, 06:16 AM   #168
Registered Member

Yes, 30 mph even over 59 miles. (Back roads, stopped once along the way to visit.) See what I mean about patience?

There was approximately a 115 ft. net decrease in elevation from the start to the finish of that trip. Terrain varied between gentle rolling hills & mostly flat countryside.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:31 AM   #169
Registered Member

A couple of issues that need to be address this cycle. Since there were so many additions of cars last cycle and new formation of teams.

Addition of new car.
If a driver replaces his car during the cycle he must establish a base for that car. As mention earlier this is on the honor system and one must drive for best FE while establishing the base. During the period of setting the base the 3 gallon minimum fill is still required. Since a new car the FE is just a guess the fill should be around 5 gallons. The 5 gallon is not a hard number but the object is to get a base as quickly as possible so that following fills will go into the cycle. The more fills the more accurate the numbers will be towards EPA%.

For the cycle the driver adding the new car must have a minimum fill of 3 gallons for either car not including the base. The new car must also meet the team requirements as stated in the rules.

Addtion of teams.

Teams that want to join a current cycle must be completed and ready to go by the 3rd week of the competetion cycle. If the team is not ready by the third week then they must wait until the completion of the cycle and can start at the new cycle. This will give plenty of time for the commish to set the teams up in the standing and stats and to verify legality and EPA numbers without hindering the current cycle.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:18 AM   #170
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwxr7 View Post
Filled last evening, 478.0 miles on 6.676 US gallons = 71.60 mpg. New record for me
Great job, jwxr7.

Your first 75 MPG tank will earn you the paint to cherry out your car.

Red or blue, your choice.

CO ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote