FE Team Challenge - discussion - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2007, 02:10 PM   #11
Registered Member

I think that the jerry can idea is going to be a pain in the ***. I'll just have to try to drive more.

repete86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete86 View Post
I think that the jerry can idea is going to be a pain in the ***. I'll just have to try to drive more.
Or a person can just fill to the very brim of the gas tank opening. That's what I've been doing (Hence the latest fill was over tank capacity).

I think there should be a chart with "gassavers.org teams" with an overall % over EPA score. If we had everyone on a team of 4 people it could be really fun (or really dreadful, but whatever. It's not like we're going to hold hands ). Sometimes "every person for themselves" mode is kinda lame.

Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:29 PM   #13
Driving on E

This is way cool!
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:03 PM   #14
*shrug*

Sweet idea, I'm somewhat jealous, I won't be driving much at all until 2009,
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:08 PM   #15
FE nut

I'm looking forward to this. It does make a difference when it's being done as part of a team. I hope I don't let anybody down.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Anyone have any team name ideas?
I'm open to suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtorbe View Post
Cool. I wish I had a FE Team. : (
I think Z's idea was to work out the "bugs" and do a trial run with these 2 teams. Then open it up for more teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakster View Post
Or a person can just fill to the very brim of the gas tank opening. That's what I've been doing (Hence the latest fill was over tank capacity).
Me too. I figure it's the most accurate way to gauge it. The downside is potentially feeding fuel to the evap canister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry View Post
It does make a difference when it's being done as part of a team.
I hear you. I'd be lying if I said this impending competition wasn't partly responsible for me installing the XFi cam this afternoon :P

I've got to update my EPA to the new figures now...
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Anyone have any team name ideas?
I'll throw a couple out. How bout Evergreen or carbon neutral.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:29 PM   #18
FE nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

Me too. I figure it's the most accurate way to gauge it. The downside is potentially feeding fuel to the evap canister.

I hear you. I'd be lying if I said this impending competition wasn't partly responsible for me installing the XFi cam this afternoon :P

I've got to update my EPA to the new figures now...
I have always "overfilled" to the rim of the filler for many years and have had no problems with the vapor canister. This is probably one of those YMMV things. My figures are currently the new figures so it looks like I'm set.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
I think a min fill bigger than 3 gallons would help accuracy.
Yes it would. But it all averages out if you are logging all fills. We just have to take the system the way it is. If you look at gas logs almost everybody is making a lot more than 3 gallons a fill. The gas logs show the really big dispairities usually come from less then 2 gallons. Some people fuel usage is so small that 3 gallons is about all they can get in 30 days(Which at GS is a good thing). I wanted a fill every 30 days so that seasonal differences would be calculated in. I also didn't want to make it so complicated that it would be impossible to police and take all the fun out of it. I just though it would be a fun way to stay at the top of our game.

I agree with clench. Gas will not go stale in 30 days maybe 60-90 days.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:40 PM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Perhaps, but I don't know about other people, but I don't fill up often. I try to avoid driving locally unless it's too far to bike, raining, or carrying alot of equipment. Unless I'm on a trip, I only fill up the tank every few weeks.

For example, my last tank fill-up was on the 27th of February. I have since used about 2 1/2 gallons, and may be filling up soon just to keep it from settling for too long.
Hey that's great the less gas the better. But theres a penalty if it's less then 3 gallons. Why not shoot for 5 gallons, if possible, or 29 days. You probably have 90 day before it starts affecting performance. Heck just look at MetroMPG.