from 27.87 MPG to 71.43 MPG!!!! - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #21
Registered Member

Excellent first post! At least we all got a laugh out of it!

Old 06-14-2008, 10:08 AM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirinae View Post
...I put magnets on the fuel line and increased the mileage on a set 17 mile route at a steady 40mph to 27.87mpg....
good for youuuu!

Old 06-14-2008, 11:09 AM   #23
Registered Member

First and last post!
Old 06-14-2008, 12:02 PM   #24
Registered Member

threads like this is the reason that HHO gets a terrible reputation. I still have major issues with the way people say it works.

fuel to the fire my friend.

fuel to the fire

Old 06-14-2008, 02:41 PM   #25
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Indeed. This is exactly the sort of thing that causes me to be skeptical, and my skepticism is only mitigated by the DIYers providing information on doing it on a zero budget...
Old 06-14-2008, 07:03 PM   #26
Registered Member

Can you post details of your HHO system and its parts, maybe you have something better than anything most people have, any pictures or videos of your work?
Old 06-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #27
Registered Member

Not saying I've ever done it

Or that the OP is not exaggerating, but

~Adding aero mods to your car wont help you
~Driving slow does not affect our Gas mileage, I get the same at 85 as I do at 70
~Your only saving a few pennies per gallon with all the coasting you do

Are all things the guys at work tell me, but I average 25%(ish) over EPA(35.5), and have gotten as high as 60% over EPA(44). I still drive the way I do to beat the EPA estimate for my car(28) and I am still willing to try and find new things.

And honestly, there is just as much EVIDENCE to support that HHO will work as there is to support its failure. You can throw numbers around all you want, and get the numbers you want to say what you want. I won't understand advanced calculations on the different chemical reactions with and without HHO and the strain on the alternator, etc.

I will understand an ABA test on the same route after the car is warmed up. I would even understand if you were to have your last 20 tanks standard deviation and 5 tanks with an HHO using stats to prove that the increase is still within the bounds of your last 20 tanks of measurements. But I would think that the people here, of all forums, would welcome new ideas and not insult them.

I am geographically separated from my car for the next month, and in that time I will find how to build one, and I will test it. And I will not post any information on here because of how closed minded everyone is.

I know I know, go ahead and flame, you guys are so funny, lets all grab some boots.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:48 PM   #28
Registered Member

I'm sure most welcome new ideas, results and so forth, and there will always be naysayers to anything new as well. But when someone posts something so blatantly exaggerated as to be laughable...that's what people with any sense will do.
I've seen some of the HHO naysayers become believers; one on this website. All you have to do is research it. I'll be posting my results soon as well, not because I need to brag or be noticed, but because I believe in the technology and am willing to share it. Just finished the wiring tonight. I'll post my results, good or bad, in order to be a benefit and not waste people's time with trash.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #29
Registered Member

did I just read that aero doesn't work!!!!!!!

I guess we need to tell basjoos to take off the boat tail because his coefficient drag of 0.17 isn't helping him a bit. and metrompg has been wrong all this time.

people brag about 40+ but really look around before you start talking. these guys are getting 60+ mpg for an AVERAGE!!!!!. not one run of a few miles not at an instance of highway mileage.

I think the most insulting thing is that they come with these outrageous claims with little to no information. a small sample of data which consists of a few miles and we have a guy that has built one that actually agrees with the masses that he is getting minimal gains at best.

it also doesn't help that almost everyone that has these claims finishes a post with "check out my website" or "I liked it so much, I am selling them now".

the fact that you don't understand the reactions or the draw on the alternator (and probably don't care enough to research it and find out) means you will probably be dissapointed too that your gas mileage hasn't DOUBLED overnight.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:26 AM   #30
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by snydertalon View Post
And honestly, there is just as much EVIDENCE to support that HHO will work as there is to support its failure.

And I will not post any information on here because of how closed minded everyone is.
There's lots of HHO fans on this forum. Nobody seems to mind HHO discussions here, it's the spam that we have a problem with. It's one thing to post about building a DIY HHO unit and getting 10% or 20% increase in mileage; it's entirely different for a new user's first post to be "We doubled our mileage, go to this website" and the website is another snake oil miracle product sales page...