Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2010, 09:54 AM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
We never reached $4.60 here. <snip>

June 27th, 2008. Gas peaked here (according to my gaslog) at 475.9 cents per gallon. That was for premium, but at the cheapest station around.

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #12
Site Team / Moderator

Connecticut is insanely expensive. Whenever I drive to Ct I fill my tank at the last stop on the NJT, and usually I can get away with not buying gas while in Ct.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:03 PM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I pass through CT on the way to work. I don't get gas there.

In fact, on my commute I don't pass any gas stations in RI. I pass a few in CT and then get on 395 and then I'm in MA. Gas is cheaper in MA than RI or CT.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #14

im right on the ct/ma line. usually a 20 cent difference between the 2 states with ct being the higher. i cant remember the last time i had to get gas in ct but i assure you i was pissed at myself for letting it happen. though oddly enough id rather ct get my money than ma.
on a side note i just hit 40mpg combined so let those prices climb as high as they want. its smooth sailing for me now. my next goal is 45mpg but its gonna take alot of work.
kit352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:38 PM   #15
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I'm hoping to get another month out of decent gas prices before I put the VW back on the road and park the truck.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #16
Site Team / Moderator

I can remember last time I was visiting friends in Long Island being really pissed that I drove around enough that I had to buy gas there.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:37 AM   #17
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Just got a tank full in Tiverton Hess for $27.00 $2.719 3/16 - last fillup was Sunoco in NH coming back from Vermont and only paid $25.00 $2.579 2/26.... Was digging into the media box under the radio where I stash the receipts and found one from last year for $20.00 at $1.839 AHHH those were the days . . . why didn't I drive more back then when it was cheaper!!!
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:51 PM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
I really hate to pay more, but even in the winter months it was averaging 2.80 in seattle. now the gas stations around here is a bit over 3. do you think gas can go up to 4/gal in the summer like what we had in 08?
Yeah, here we go again. It is around 2.80 here right now and it has been going up steadily. By mid summer it will probably be around 3.50 I'll bet.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:00 AM   #19
Registered Member

Now this is way speculation, and I hardly wish to insight a riot about conspiracy theories, but here's mine. I figure if profits on $4 gas were at record highs for the oil industry, that tells me they had raised it higher than it needed to be to equilibrate supply/demand. That being said, I noticed many people I thought would never start to seek alternative fuels, driving habits, walking/biking instead of driving, etc than ever before.
I think major oil figured they could sell us $4 gas to maximize profit, and they figured it was below the threshold that people would find a way to reduce their use. Things tanked, so now things are different. I think that when fuel does go up, it will go up to and stay at just under $4 per gallon. That seems to be the point where people won't take it anymore.
Just my 2 cents.
B
benfrogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #20
Banned

who cares? by then ill be getting better mileage with a WAI,,

cumon im jk... lol

spotaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote