Gas prices up - Page 8 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #71
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
SD26: There was talk like that in the 70's, and yet from the mid 80's through the mid 90's gas for the most part in my area was under $1.00/gal. Maybe we won't see prices under $1.00/gal again but I certainly think that under $2.00 is very possible with the right energy plan coming out of Washington.

-Jay
The reason I don't think we'll ever see under $2. a gallon is because every time I can remember in my lifetime when gas prices were raised drastically when the price did come back down there was always a large increase in price compared to what it was before. In the early 70's, and then again in the late seventies or early 80's I don't remember which. I guess we'll just have to see what happens this time. I hope I am wrong. The only way I think gas prices will drop below $2. is if there is wide spread use of another type of energy for transportation.

#47 on my way to #1
Ford Man is offline   Reply With Quote