Heated fuel - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-05-2005, 02:30 PM   #1
FE nut

Heated fuel

I hooked my heated fuel up again tonight and went for some test runs. I did the first run with the heated fuel and the EFIE hooked up. I also had the air temp mod in place for both runs. I got 55.0 on the first run. I then disconnected the EFIE and went for another 10 mile run. On the second run I got 56.6. I think I'm going to run the heated fuel without the EFIE for a few days and see how this does.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 03:06 PM   #2
Driving on E

Can you perhaps point us in

Can you perhaps point us in the direction of the device you use for fuel heating? I've heard fo this before, but I have no idea WHY it works. I'd love the know a little of the science behind it so that we can get an article up about it.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 03:18 PM   #3
FE nut

It is from Fran Giroux at

It is from Fran Giroux at Hydrogen-Boost.com. It basically is a copper tube with a smaller tube for fuel coiled inside. The whole assembly is then spliced into the cooling system. I will try to get a picture tomorrow. As far as why it works, I'm not completely sure, but I think it has something to do with the fact that heated fuel is that much closer to it's vaporizing point helping it to burn more completely.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 03:43 PM   #4
Registered Member

could it be because warm gas

could it be because warm gas takes up more volume?

sould like a good idea. I have never heard of warming the fuel before.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 04:09 PM   #5
*shrug*

Hmm

I wonder what it is. Though I think it may have a lot to do with vaporization. If you know anything about running straight veggie oil the main thing is heating the oil so that it will inject more finely and all that, so heat is definately a factor I'd say for vaporization and fineness of injection.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote