Help my dumb azz out... - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to unstable bob
Thumbs up Help my dumb azz out...

How do you get the mpg ratings listed below your vehicle's name in your posts, and how do you get the boxes that list "Hypermiler" or such and give the mpg % above stock that your vehicle is getting? I suck at the www forums mod...

www.unstablebobgable.com

1973 AMC AMX: The beauty
1987 Buick T-Type: The beast
2004 Cavalier: The MPG machine
unstable bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable bob View Post
How do you get the mpg ratings listed below your vehicle's name in your posts, and how do you get the boxes that list "Hypermiler" or such and give the mpg % above stock that your vehicle is getting? I suck at the www forums mod...
unstable bob,

The first thing you need is information to create a GasLog Entry. You need to go to the local gas station then fill up to the first click. Write down the date and current odometer reading at the time you fill up. I personally write down the current odometer reading on my gas receipt. Then go drive around using fuel efficient methods. Then return to the gas station and fill up again, once again noting down the date and current odometer reading. You may write down your odometer reading on the receipt again. So in summary here's the information you'll need to create a Gaslog entry:
  1. Date: = Date of SECOND fillup
  2. Distance: = Odometer reading of SECOND fillup minus Odometer reading of FIRST fillup
  3. Fuel Used: = From the gas receipt of SECOND fillup, the "quantity of fuel/gas."
  4. Cost of Fuel: = Optional

Be advised that due to the additional administration steps, it may take you longer to complete the fillup process at the gas station but it'll be worth it.

Post back when you've got at least information pieces 1 through 3.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to unstable bob
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rGS View Post
unstable bob,

The first thing you need is information to create a GasLog Entry. You need to go to the local gas station then fill up to the first click. Write down the date and current odometer reading at the time you fill up. I personally write down the current odometer reading on my gas receipt. Then go drive around using fuel efficient methods. Then return to the gas station and fill up again, once again noting down the date and current odometer reading. You may write down your odometer reading on the receipt again. So in summary here's the information you'll need to create a Gaslog entry:
  1. Date: = Date of SECOND fillup
  2. Distance: = Odometer reading of SECOND fillup minus Odometer reading of FIRST fillup
  3. Fuel Used: = From the gas receipt of SECOND fillup, the "quantity of fuel/gas."
  4. Cost of Fuel: = Optional

Be advised that due to the additional administration steps, it may take you longer to complete the fillup process at the gas station but it'll be worth it.

Post back when you've got at least information pieces 1 through 3.
Thanks for the info. Now it's time for me to git crackin'.

www.unstablebobgable.com

1973 AMC AMX: The beauty
1987 Buick T-Type: The beast
2004 Cavalier: The MPG machine
unstable bob is offline   Reply With Quote