Hho - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2008, 04:36 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
please do try it if you ' believe me and then leave your posts here. if it dose not work ill be a monkeys uncle.
Russ-

My 7th grade science teacher was a bit of a kook, so he didn't mind me making that explosion as part of the demonstration. So I don't question that it could be a viable energy source.

The question I see is that it takes a fair amount of energy to separate the oxygen from the hydrogen, and whether there is a *net gain* from the process. Is it worth the extra draw on the alternator, to create an extra amount of fuel?

I would love to see evidence that it is.

-BC

Old 06-19-2008, 04:43 PM   #22
Registered Member

i am not a scientist i just know it worked on a small engine so it must have some benefit i am modest in this technology thats why i came here i wanted to pick some brains. i have taken in so much so far and i am even starting to wonder myself because of the amount of negative response it but its the amount of hho it produces and the power behind it. i have used a
2l bottle full of water with the hho outlet in the bottom, it takes me 1min 20 to fill that bottle full of hho and clear all the water, i dont no if that will give you any idea of output but i hope it helps.

i just no that somewhere in this process there is a gain to be had. i mean google it and you will see there has been a few people announce this technology and applied for a patent that "have gone missing" or just turned round 1 day and said publicly that there discontinuing there builds of machines

had goverment come to there house because of there designs.

they want us to pay for fuel thats why.

maby at this point in time your right its not a closed loop, there is to much draw on the car to justify it but i believe there will be advances in the tecnology and it will become more productive, i mean im making this in my shed without a shop. imagen what you could build with a geek and a lab??

im not saying you should all go and do it but there is something there even if its not just yet the technology has great potential to grow and. there has been so many claims of this its hard to ignore

Thanks Russ . . .

Old 06-19-2008, 04:52 PM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjones96 View Post
Where was the power for the mini-moto engine coming from?

The thing that gets me is how it's supposed to increase fuel economy so drastically but you can't just run a car off of it. If any sort of outside fuel source like this can increase something even a little on a small scale, it makes sense(to me anyways) that a unit used in say a v8 car could power a little 3.5hp briggs standalone.

The reason I come to that conclusion is because the way this is supposed to be working is the H2 and O2 in the chamber are supposed to create more energy when they burn than you need(increased mpg) to do the initial electrolysis, count for the lack of thermal efficiency in the engine and mechanical to electrical losses in the alternator.

If you do the numbers(and to keep you HHO freaks happy I'll use the high numbers) electrolysis of water hovers around 50% efficiency, alternators typically hang around 70% when they are new and get progressively worse over time, and the most efficient of engines have a thermal efficiency close to 30% under ideal conditions.

This whole (extremely simplified cycle) is only about 11% efficient if I round up. With an 89% loss in the system as a whole, how do you get an increase in mpg? At 12v and 5 amps, you have a 60 watt draw on the electrical system. To break even with that draw the HHO needs to generate an additional 1900BTU. That's 1.5% of the BTUs in a single gallon of gasoline to break even.

I just don't get it.

i believe its due to the fact if the hho burning to fast for the engine to run i know that the timing has to be retarded to allow combustion without pinking,

i know when the hho runs with the petrol it makes the spark cleaner adds air to assist combustion and makes the mix more explosive with the trace of hydrogen people have had lawnmower engines generators and bikes running purely off of he hho by retarding the timing removing the carb and useing a nedel valve on the hho as the throttle so i suppose if you create enough you could run a car from it but at the moment thats not my aim.

i just want to save a few quid in the tank.

Russ . .
Old 06-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #24
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
i believe its due to the fact if the hho burning to fast for the engine to run i know that the timing has to be retarded to allow combustion without pinking,

i know when the hho runs with the petrol it makes the spark cleaner adds air to assist combustion and makes the mix more explosive with the trace of hydrogen people have had lawnmower engines generators and bikes running purely off of he hho by retarding the timing removing the carb and useing a nedel valve on the hho as the throttle so i suppose if you create enough you could run a car from it but at the moment thats not my aim.

i just want to save a few quid in the tank.

Russ . .
Sure it can run a lawnmower. I remember in the 80's I got 2nd place in the science fair because of it. I was pissed. I did a science fair project on psychokinesis, and this kid that rigged up a 12v battery charger to a plastic trash bag and a 3.5 HP Briggs & Stratton engine won first place. It took him about 3 hours to fill the trash bag with hydrogen gas, which ran the lawnmower motor for about 5 seconds...

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:09 PM   #25
Registered Member

i bet you wor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
Sure it can run a lawnmower. I remember in the 80's I got 2nd place in the science fair because of it. I was pissed. I did a science fair project on psychokinesis, and this kid that rigged up a 12v battery charger to a plastic trash bag and a 3.5 HP Briggs & Stratton engine won first place. It took him about 3 hours to fill the trash bag with hydrogen gas, which ran the lawnmower motor for about 5 seconds...

still second is not bad :S

o cant believe it took him 3 hours haha must of been pain staking waiting all that for 5 minuets,

just goes to show it even interested people back then and it hasn't left yet
i suppose the problem is it dose just seem to good to be true i mean turn on the tap drive down the road,
Old 06-19-2008, 05:15 PM   #26
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
still second is not bad :S

o cant believe it took him 3 hours haha must of been pain staking waiting all that for 5 minuets,

just goes to show it even interested people back then and it hasn't left yet
i suppose the problem is it dose just seem to good to be true i mean turn on the tap drive down the road,
I think you need to re-read my post. He was making hydrogen for 3 hours so it could run for about 5 seconds, not 5 minutes...

And still... My experiment proved that psychokinesis existed, and worked! I should have gotten 1st place. I guess it could have been worse. You should have seen me the year I got third place for an experiment on the learning capabilities of rats. I always did elaborate science fair projects. I really was a nerd in school.

-Jay

Old 06-19-2008, 05:18 PM   #27
Registered Member

beg my pardon its late here 2:18 am
Old 06-19-2008, 05:21 PM   #28
Registered Member

Quote:
I think you need to re-read my post. He was making hydrogen for 3 hours so it could run for about 5 seconds, not 5 minutes...

And still... My experiment proved that psychokinesis existed, and worked! I should have gotten 1st place. I guess it could have been worse. You should have seen me the year I got third place for an experiment on the learning capabilities of rats. I always did elaborate science fair projects. I really was a nerd in school.

-Jay
what was your project? You sparked my curiosity lol!
Rayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:22 PM   #29
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayme View Post
what was your project? You sparked my curiosity lol!
I interviewed volunteers, and then I gave them a penny and a plastic cup. The subject was to put the penny in the cup, shake it up and call heads 10 times in a row, and then call tails 10 times in a row. I found people who could do this with as much as 80% accuracy. I even found one subject with what is called "reverse ESP". He was wrong 100% of the time... I thought it was a very original science fair experiment in an area of science that is largely ignored.

-Jay

Old 06-19-2008, 07:58 PM   #30
Registered Member

Quote:
I interviewed volunteers, and then I gave them a penny and a plastic cup. The subject was to put the penny in the cup, shake it up and call heads 10 times in a row, and then call tails 10 times in a row. I found people who could do this with as much as 80% accuracy. I even found one subject with what is called "reverse ESP". He was wrong 100% of the time... I thought it was a very original science fair experiment in an area of science that is largely ignored.

-Jay
that sounds interesting i believe there is something there were not useing or maby only using subconsciously