Honda Fit beat out by Ford FOCUS? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-25-2007, 04:01 PM   #11
Registered Member

its not just mirrors, i know my s-10 has a bad blind spot even tho the mirrors are adjusted properly and i use them all the time.

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:30 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
its not just mirrors, i know my s-10 has a bad blind spot even tho the mirrors are adjusted properly and i use them all the time.
I have 2 inch circular blind spot mirrors mounted in the upper inside corner of the mirrors on both sides of my car. They allow me to see if someone is at the side of the car, but not quite in the mirror's. It has saved me many, many accidents. Highly recommend considering them.

Gary Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:32 PM   #13
Registered Member

or i just look behind me since well the back window is about 6" from my face.
i plan to get different mirrors anyways so im not gonna be picky
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:00 PM   #14
ELF
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
Well, sure. After 100k miles the Ford will be ready for scrap, and the Honda will finally be broken in...
The focus has a very good little engine, I have a friend who has one with over 300k on it. I wouldn't be afraid to buy one, I just think there ugly, compared to the mazda3 which has the same engine.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:36 PM   #15
Registered Member

Has he replaced the water pump and alternator a couple of times?

Is his interior holding up okay?

If Ford really is doing better, that is great news. Especially for Brian D's Dad...
Old 04-25-2007, 06:18 PM   #16
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion View Post
I haven't experienced a blind spot with the Fit, but I do think it's overpriced and has lower MPG than I expected.

Unless someone wants the utility of the Fit (very versatile) I'd recommend a Toyota Yaris over the Fit.
exactly. i love the utility of the fit. nikki and i can put both of our and suite cases upright inside the car. that is the reason i favor the fit over the civic or yaris.

the focus will be worth less than the fit in a couple years because honda is built much better than ford. reliability and quality does a lot for battling depreciation.

fyi 18k is waaay to much for a fit. i bought my wifes fit sport for 17.1k out the door. that includes car, tax title, everything.

the blind spot is behind the d-pillar. i noticed it but my wife didnt, so i didnt think it was that big of a deal. definitely worth the extra few mpg.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:30 AM   #17
Semi-retired OPEC Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyshack View Post
There was a late model Focus doing real well at the last auto-x I went to. Imbarresed the Mini's and was right on the heels of CRX's, Si's and Teg's.

psy
True
In our region there are a couple of them that do well.

If you get the base 2 door with the 2.3 liter(torque baby), they are good autox'ers. Add decent shocks and tires and you have a competitive car.

A friend of mine spent months looking for a used one and came up empty. He bought a new Mazda 3, base 2 door with the 2.3/5-speed. It has the improved focus(european)/Mazda 3&5/Volvo 30-40-50 platform. He loves it.

BeeUU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:49 AM   #18
Registered Member

We've been driving ours till the wheels fall off.
The thing is, with old Volvo's that usually means till somewere around 400K miles, so you better like the car! (My first one went to 380K before I gave it to teenagers to add to their, um, driving experience).

Now driving '97 Civic HX; tires ~ 50 psi. '89 Volvo 240 = semi-retired.
brucepick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:03 PM   #19
Registered Member

I don't know what it is with Fit here. They are selling. But its no where close to Civic or Accord. Yaris is going to be the new beetle or model T. Yaris has been out for far less time than Fit,,, And they are everywhere. Its like Fit doesn't have a place. Honda should have put a R-18 in it and called it Civic Wagon.

One of my daughters is now back in the new car market. She is putting a lot of miles on her old chevy. Ive took her to look at Fit. Showed her about the seats and such. She drove it and complained about the lack of drivers room. We both agreed we were more comphy in the old Festiva. Its like Fit had no elbow room. It was a red one. She then blurted out it looked like after birth on wheels. The salesman heard that and walked away. I guess she got her point across.

We both like Yaris.... I want one bad. But we both agree,,, the cyclops pod just dosent work for either of us. It reminded her of the cartoon in some of my old car mags..... LMAO. I didnt know she ever read them...

She loves my Civic. But it truly does cost to much for her. She is very thrifty and frugal. She doesn't see 16k to 20k dollars worth of car or engineering in it. And fact is I have to agree. Hondas are way over priced.

This weekend we are going to go look at Cobalt, Focus and Saturn. Have to get that out of her system. Then go look at the Korean offerings. I would like to see her land a deal on a striper I4 Sonata myself.
psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:39 AM   #20
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
i think i am going to start a yaris vs fit thread.

its clear that the fit was not beat out by the focus. only one person purchased a focus over a fit.