I joined an agency - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2008, 01:02 PM   #1
Registered Member

I joined an agency

So, I recently joined a new agency that help people with cars to offer traveling to other people. All of the process is done on internet and its really easy to use. Its only deserving the Quebec province (CANADA...9hours from NY). Since I'm a student, its free to add, and I have no charge to put traveling offer. Every 2 week-end, I post 2 travels (90miles each) and for every person I transport, I get 10$. So I can get 40$ if they find me 4 people, and with a VX, 40$ can pay me lot more then 200miles... For them, they only pay 4 dollar to Allo-Stop (the name of the agengy), so they get a good ride for 14$ (bus is 30 i think, and longer).

So now the VX cost me even less, and traveling with other people can kill the time... Also, I mainly travel with other student from my school.

to maximizing the use of the VX and is 50mpg

GasSavers_BIBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
Registered Member

wow, that's a great program. It makes me wonder if there's a way to organize something like that on facebook or something for free, that way you wouldn't have to pay the agency.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:53 AM   #3
Registered Member

It would be more difficult for me to find people on my own, and its free for me since I'm a driver...
Old 11-20-2008, 02:31 AM   #4
Registered Member

But the program is without lucrative goal. The 4 dollar is to pay the few employes they got (1 for each of their office, and the is one in 16 cities I think).

I forgot to mention that you can do everything on the internet, but the also do everything on telephone for people that have no access to internet. So they call people to confirm travels and they are open 7 days of the week if a new member yould join, or the answer to question, by phone on at the office.

The program have been on since a long time. My sister took it during 2 years each weekend to do a 150miles each way as a passenger 6 years ago.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:12 AM   #5
Registered Member

Ok, that's pretty slick....
Old 11-21-2008, 07:32 AM   #6
Registered Member

wow I take it back... I'd join it.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:39 AM   #7
Registered Member

Sounds like a great service.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:26 PM   #8
Registered Member

I'm not so sure I would want to be running a taxi service for people that I know nothing about. Maybe a good idea until you pick up some sicko on his way to a shopping center to open fire with an assalt rifle. My life may not be worth much to most people, but it's worth more than $10. to me.
#47 on my way to #1
Ford Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:21 AM   #9
Registered Member

HAHA american mentaly, I have an AK 47 on me dont worry...

CMON the program as been running since 10 years and there is no incindent report.... You have to be a member, and the do a litle research on him.

If a ***** when to jack up a car, he just need to knock to your door, point a gun at you, AND ASK FOR YOUR CAR, and he can just take your life if he wants...

Dont ask yourself why your in war since I cant remember when....

WOOOOOOOOOW

I'M DONE.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:34 AM   #10
Registered Member

Sounds like a good idea, solidly implemented.

I was just thinking about this kind of thing the other day. Thanks to a bad bearing in my CRX's transmission (and slow parts delivery), I'm going to have to borrow my mom's Subaru wagon for an 800-mile road trip over thanksgiving. It gets about half the milage on the highway, but can seat five (seats that I won't be using).

Sadly, there's probably regulations that prevent this sort of operation in the US. The driver would likely need a commercial taxi license, business license (or at least be registered as an employee of the service), plus 15 other permits. Welcome to the land of the free. :/

GasSavers_bobski is offline   Reply With Quote