I Just Gained 25% On My FE (lame teaser) - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to michaelwoodcock
i am interested in flushing my engine. Since we are on the subject here, could i use seafoam to do the job?

michaelwoodcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:58 PM   #12
Registered Member

I'm not worried about the switch to synthetic at all at this point. I've driven it a couple of days now and the oil is clear as new.

I don't think I'll be disabling the power steering though. When I EOC around a corner, it requires significant effort to turn. I doubt a hose reroute would fix that adequately. (I have done it before on a race car and it does help some, but not enough with lower ratio racks.) I think the only reason it is such a non-issue with the Tercel is because the car is designed for some serious low speed off-roading which is what it's there for.

As for the tires, I don't wanna say what the sidewall marking is. I'll just suggest that sidewall pressure ratings are based on maximum loading of the tire under stress, and my car is about 75% of their maximum load and I don't intend to be running any autocrosses with them. Regardless, it's going to be a moot issue very soon, as I have the Sumitomo HTR T4s on order and should have them on before next week.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:32 PM   #13
Registered Member

Yipee! No more fear of blowout from overinflation. We'll see how well the T4s hold up now. One intersting point is that I was told Sumitomo does not offer a warranty on these tires. Perhaps they understand the mindset of some of us who install them.

And yes, 51 psi is the maximium pressure stamped on the sidewall.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote