Increase MPG !! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

Increase MPG !!

I have used this product and will continue to use it! getting 25% better mpg with 2004 dodge intrepid!

check it out

www.bigoilbusters.com feel free to get in touch with me. EPA approved!

GasSavers_MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:50 PM   #2
AMX
Registered Member

*sigh*... more scams!

Old 04-06-2008, 05:16 PM   #3
Registered Member

scams scram

Proof please not hype.
rangerbentman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:07 PM   #4
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
I have used this product and will continue to use it! getting 25% better mpg with 2004 dodge intrepid!
Secret "gas pill", eh?

That web site sounds exactly like the old "Moth Ball" scam! Gee, I HOPE you didn't fork over money for this "business", because the only way you make money doing that is reeling in more suckers! And I'm sure the only reason why your post hasn't been deleted (by the moderators) yet, is just because our replies to your post help warn newcomers (to this site) about how to spot such scams (that do more to releave you of your money, than to help gas mileage)!

Simply put, this site is about gas saving techniques, modifications, and yes even "additives", that actually work! It's not about all the BS "snake oil" that does nothing (or worse yet, harms your car), that some fly by night "business" tries to scam people out of their money with. Unlike a lot of web sites, we actually test claims here, and therefore can spot such scams a mile off.

However, we are also willing to give some claims the benefit of the doubt (as often the things that actually work, are not always the same things that conventional wisdom would pick out).

Therefore, if you wish to prove your product is the exception (despite "scam" being written all over how your web site is setup), please provide some free samples for testing, and I'm sure there are people here (with the willingness, desire, and test equipment, to give a fair analysis of the product) that would volunteer to help you prove your theories. But "the proof is in the pudding" as it were, and the ball is again in your court...

Note to other forum members:
Yes, I have an open mind. In fact, I've make a few "creative" (but effective) suggestions on this forum (for example, my comments about saving electricity in a car helping FE). And I'm even willing to pay for quality when it is of genuine benefit (for example, the high quality synthetic oil and filters I use in my car), so it's not a matter of being unwilling to pay for a product that really helps. But I really HATE the ethics of these snake oil salesman, that would happily sell you garbage (or worse yet, try to turn you into a salesman for garbage) that has little or no effect (or worse yet, many of these products can actually HARM your car)!
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:14 PM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Hateful
Someone else may want to try it, but I can't justify risking damage to a fine automobile like Cavalier
Hateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:27 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateful View Post
Someone else may want to try it, but I can't justify risking damage to a fine automobile like Cavalier
lol. good one. I'd test it out on an older cavalier as they're a dime a dozen around here. Still, I wouldn't put anything in the fuel tank (gasoline wise) that isn't called for in the owners manual. You may think you'll save money while the company takes your money, and your forced to put out quadruple the investment in engine repairs. Not worth it.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:59 AM   #7
Registered Member

Hey Mike, why are you posting this for the second time?

Didn't get enough suckers the first time? Or are you trying to use gassavers to up you google pagerank?

If you are really getting such great results lets see it, go to the garage here and put that intrepid in, then input all your tanks so we can see these amazing results.

While you're at it why not tell us how this "secret gas pill" works, and show us some sort of proof.

Or are you just trying to get suckers to buy franchises for your snake oil so you can take their money and they can get stuck selling a product that is complete BS?

Think inside the Box!
Improbcat is offline   Reply With Quote