Injection from GM is good or bad ? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-16-2006, 09:21 AM   #1
Registered Member

Injection from GM is good or bad ?

I?m about to put an injectionsystem from a Opel Corsa 1.3L in the micra , just for the fuel side. This is a TBI and the box is a GM part, service number: 01227887, this one is very common at the junkyard, and cheap.

MAP, and lambda.

Is this a good and FE system???, I understand that if the mix is right and Lambda is working there should be just as good as anything, but just to make sure. About TBI, its enough for me and is less hard to fit to the micra. Like I said, only mount it for the fuel. Keeping original ignition.

// elg

GasSavers_elg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:02 AM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elg
Is this a good and FE system???
// elg
Hi elg

If I was going to fit an efi to a car that wasnt efi I would have gone straight to an OBD2 system that allowed modifying of the engine management maps.
From what I guess ,,what you have there is from 1990 or something like that which woudl make it quite a primitive OBD0.
Ime sure it will work but your only way of adjusting the mixtures is with manipulation of the sensors , which isnt the best if your trying to aim for spot on mixtures.
Hopefully the lambda probe will do its job and will be able to pull it altogether for you.

I have read from magazine sources that the GM system is quite adaptable as there is a huge variation of engine size models that have compatible parts.

Whether it is a huge success or just mediocre it sure is an interesting project.
onegammyleg is offline   Reply With Quote