Jacinto's VX's First Full Tank - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2007, 08:21 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
Jacinto's VX's First Full Tank

Had the exhaust system cleaned out at Jiffy Lube. Bunch of white smoke came pouring out of the exhaust as my friend revved the engine beyond red line. I'm told with the engine cleaner in the tank that my FE will be less this tank. Well, so far the gas gauge has budged up slightly after 74 miles. I know the car is efficient, but at some point the gas gauge should start going down, right? The VX has a puny 10.0 gallon tank. So I'm setting a modest goal of 500 miles. Posting this thread to chronicle the tank's progress.

Sidenote while I'm thinking about it about Scanguage. Are these things really accurate? If they are, I'd like to get one! Do they use the car's odometer or do they have one built in? How does it work?

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
Registered Member

Are you a participant in the FE Challenge? Anyway there is an ongoing thread in General Fuel Economy Discussion for daily and fillup reports. That is where your FE report should be. Thanks.

SG useage is well accepted on GasSavers and there are many that have testified to it's attributes. If you do a forum search you will find comments to your question.

CO ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:07 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
I dunno, do I have to be part of a team or can I participate by myself?

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:17 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993CivicVX View Post
I dunno, do I have to be part of a team or can I participate by myself?
It's run in teams of five.
This thread is in the forum you need.
Forums > Community Connections > Fuel Economy Challenge.
The thread you need is "Available Members or New Team Formation"
Currently the 5th thread down the list.
That's where team captains post when they need someone to complete a team.

You definitely can post in that thread saying you're interested. People do have to drop out of a team sometimes for various reasons; you never know when a team will need you.

Good Luck!

Now driving '97 Civic HX; tires ~ 50 psi. '89 Volvo 240 = semi-retired.
brucepick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:21 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993CivicVX View Post
... Sidenote while I'm thinking about it about Scanguage. Are these things really accurate? If they are, I'd like to get one! Do they use the car's odometer or do they have one built in? How does it work?
I've heard lots of good reports on the Scangauge. However it only works on '96 and later cars as it's based on teh OBD2 system and uses the OBD2 connector where servce shops plug in the code reader. So not for a '93 VX.

Thee's something else called a SuperMid built and designed by a fellow named Yoshi. I don't know much about it but it should work on any fuel injected car. Needs a bit more effort to set up than the Scangauge.

Now driving '97 Civic HX; tires ~ 50 psi. '89 Volvo 240 = semi-retired.
brucepick is offline   Reply With Quote