Japan Meet: Summer 2007 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-04-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
*shrug*

Japan Meet: Summer 2007

So who wants to meet up this summer? I think erdick (Sp!?) is in toyota city and yoshi is over there somewhere?

I will be in toukyou/chiba most of the summer, but will also venture down south a bit, so let me know what you two think.

And if anyone else wants to come to nihon, do so!

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:53 AM   #2
Driving on E

hmmm... let me check my calendar...

nope, can't make it.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:50 PM   #3
Registered Member

I will be in Toyota city until around July 23rd-25th. I will then be going home... back to the USSR... err, USSA... what I really mean to say is, I will be going back to the US for the summer. I will be there until about the 23rd-25th of August. During that time I will be job hunting, and of course working on my newly acquired Jetta TDI. That and lots of disc golf and wakeboarding.

SVOboy: Where are you living right now? You have listed that you are attending Dartmouth College... not sure where that is. Will you just be visiting Japan for the summer? Do you have relatives in Japan?

I would be down for a meet. My car wouldn't though... as it is a company car that I am not allowed to use outside of work. As in, if I were to stop at a convenience store that is DIRECTLY on my route home, and an accident were to happen, I would not be covered under insurance. Pull off onto the shoulder of the road -- no longer covered under insurance. Pretty insane if you ask me... but I can't complain since I get 100% reimbursement for all car costs.
Erdrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:07 PM   #4
*shrug*

Dartmouth is in NH, I will be taking classes at kanda gaigo daigaku in chiba. I leave on the 20th of june and come back to NJ/NH on the 3rd of september.

How far is toyota city from toukyou?
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #5
Registered Member

Toyota is about a 6 hour drive (toll-based highway), 8 hour train ride, or 3 hour shinkansen ride. It can cost up to $100 (US) for a one-way shinkansen trip. I read a good quote by someone a while back. Or maybe it was something that someone said. Anyways, this is how it went: "when you move in Japan, it costs money."
Erdrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:29 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
Dartmouth is in NH, I will be taking classes at kanda gaigo daigaku in chiba. I leave on the 20th of june and come back to NJ/NH on the 3rd of september.

How far is toyota city from toukyou?
Say hi ti Boso-hanto for me. Great memories down there.

Also, there's a huge standing Buddha (not Daibutsu in Kamakura that everybody think about when they go to Japan) in Chiba. You can go to the top and look out his eyes. It's really cool! I just forget where it is. I think it's around Narita City.

m
Old 06-27-2007, 01:40 AM   #7
Registered Member

Hi Ben,
I live in Yokohama, one hour by subway to Tokyo.
I think I'll be able to meet you sometime in July or August, maybe, at Akihabara electric goods town.

Yoshi
GasSavers_Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:47 PM   #8
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Dust
I live in Mito, in Ibaraki, about 2 hour drive from Chiba, and would be down for meeting on a weekend to meet some different people.
GasSavers_Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:57 PM   #9
Supporting Member

I want to go to Japan. I'm so tied down . Oh well, I have to make it there at least a lot of times before I die.

my favorite thread
88HF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:20 PM   #10
Stay true to the Game!

Japan's cool. I lived their for 5 1/2 years at Yokota Air Base in Fussa, Tokyo, and just moved back to the states in March. Cars are really cheap too. The only bad thing is the JCI inspection that's required every two years. No oil leaks, no brake problems, tires have to have a certain amount of tread, and no cracks on the windshield that would obstruct your view. I ended up junking my 1991 Civic Hatchback over there and payed $150 to top it off. I couldn't even give the thing away and it was so clean. I should have gutted it before I junked it. I'm SAD now.

popimp is offline   Reply With Quote