krousdb & xcel win MPG rally at Tour de Sol - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2006, 03:32 PM   #31
FE nut

It's kind of like what I was telling someone recently. My Durango went from the EPA rating of 18-19 to 22 under my watch. 22 is not great but it is 20%+ increase.
Matt- Thanks for changing my avatar!

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:41 AM   #32
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonavy
wow. shooting from the hip again! Of course it still gets low mpg- its a WORK truck. But 10, 15, 20% is still just that. GM never ever said anything about aiming for great mpg. Just 'better' and- far more importantly to those who buy trucks becasue they need them- with far more capability. Like functioning as its own generator so you don't need to fill your bed with one.

Hmm. Makes a lot of sense. Build a more efficient work truck for those who use work trucks. Go figger.
remember gonavy over here people are younger, let him have his fun

i must admit, it was a useless attempt on GM on thier part. Go big or go home since the extra cost for the system was totally not worth it why couldn't they do something that was done for the green VUE in the first place? Then we wouldn't have waited so long for an affordable hybrid.

I find it rare to see people using their trucks as inverters though, I'm sure an extension cord from elsewhere is just as handy.

Old 05-19-2006, 02:12 AM   #33
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonavy
wow. shooting from the hip again! Of course it still gets low mpg- its a WORK truck. But 10, 15, 20% is still just that. GM never ever said anything about aiming for great mpg. Just 'better' and- far more importantly to those who buy trucks becasue they need them- with far more capability. Like functioning as its own generator so you don't need to fill your bed with one.

Hmm. Makes a lot of sense. Build a more efficient work truck for those who use work trucks. Go figger.
What is this shooting from the hip thing???? Do you even own a gun?

3mpg+ can be gained by just inflating the tires right and some aero stuff. I wouldn't even spend $2000+ to gain 3mpg, it's ludachris.

GM is more focused on fuel cells than hybrids. Maybe they should just stick to something they know.

I don't care it's a work truck. If it can't do it's job then it will not be bought. GM is not doing anything new. GM is too old fashined. They need to kick the geezers out and get some fresh blood in there.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote