Less is more - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-05-2006, 02:48 PM   #11
FE nut

Quote:Is anyone in the group

Quote:
Is anyone in the group here a dealer for Xcel Plus??? and Why Not??
I'm not a dealer of Xcel but i have used it. The biggest reason I'm not a dealer is for credibilty reasons. If I were a dealer, everything I said about the product would be suspect because everyone would think I was just trying to sell something.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 03:37 PM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Xcel Plus

Well I would think that a case of 12 would treat a lot of engines and there must be at least 12 in this group interested in it. Think bulk purchase. Wonder what the dealer price would be. Shipping is the PIA part however but USPS is about the lowest way if there is not a problem shipping a few ounces of PTFE in oil... Guys in other groups did bulk purchases of batteries and that seemed to work pretty well.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 03:39 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:Wow, that gearing

Quote:
Wow, that gearing sucks. Even my damn 4 speed auto is only at 2800. When I do the tranny swap I'll be at like 2100,
Yeah but remember it is a minivan running a 1495cc engine and it's better to have a little more RPM to reduce drive train power pulses. That is one thing about the Geo I liked was the natural balance of the crank with 3 cylinders.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:45 PM   #14
Registered Member

Xcel

Quotes from the Xcel web site:
------------------------------

How often do I have to reorder ?
In order to remain an XcelPlus Dealer you would have to purchase 3 cases of any XcelPlus products per year. You will be able to place your orders through a secured site.

--------------------

Can I buy one case of a product and get the same discount on a single product ?
No. As specified in our Dealer agreement, in order to give you the best pricing we must sell to our Dealers by the case. You would have to pay the retail price for a single unit.

--------

What is the Dealer Only discount?

Our "Dealer Only" discount pricing is approximately 30% off the listed retail price. XcelPlus holds our website customers to the same retail price as you do.

Guess it will not work - you have to keep buying product and since it is a one time treatment you have to keep finding new customers and that is just plain MORE WORK.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:45 PM   #15
*shrug*

True, but in the end I'm a

True, but in the end I'm a 1.5 4 banger also, I'm looking for a big mpg boost when I slap that thing in. *drool*
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 03:48 PM   #16
Registered Member

taller gearing

Don't expect that big an increase - you can simulate the effect by driving in a different gear which adds a little more drag but not too much. The Geo would get the same mpg if I lugged it or reved it with light throttle. Acutually it would get pretty much the same mileage at 50 or 70 mph which is weird.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:55 PM   #17
*shrug*

Well, if I go solely based

Well, if I go solely based off of the fuel maps for my car the decrease would be rather large. They didn't put that transmission on the super mpg car for no reason. And besides that, auto to manual will net a good amount, so I'm expecting at least 5 city and mehbe 8 highway.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:07 PM   #18
*shrug*

Quote:I had the stock Si

Quote:
I had the stock Si transmission on it I was getting 35 mpg mixed driving. Now that I have the ZC transmission, I am getting 30 mpg mixed driving.
From honda-tech. My hf tranny will be much taller than the si, and prolly twice the difference than those two trannies he's comparing.