Let the games begin! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-17-2006, 06:00 PM   #1
Driving on E

Let the games begin!

Fixed my transmission leak and got my speedometer working again. The speedometer is still a bit erratic (doesn't always work below 20mph) but the odometer works, so that's all I really care about.

Just topped off the tank.

I seem to have gone through .8 gallons in the past few days, which seems a bit high considering I've just been driving around town. I have no idea how many miles it has been.

Tomorrow I will fill up my tires and will be driving an hour south to visit a customer. Since I'm not going to fill up after 100 miles (50 there and 50 back) i'll really have no idea how much my new MPG is... but at least i'll have an idea based on the fuel gauge.

So I'm now a latecomer to the gas mileage games, but hopefully I'll be in the top ten any time now

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:16 PM   #2
Registered Member

Good luck. I'm sure you'll break 45mpg on your first tank.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:12 AM   #3
Registered Member

I predict 60's on the first tank. It's hard not to get 60's with a Z1. Id be interested to hear if your lean burn is working. It feels like a sudden loss of power and you need to open the throttle much more to maintain speed. Or you could just monitor the O2 output with a DMM.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:22 AM   #4
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
I predict 60's on the first tank. It's hard not to get 60's with a Z1. Id be interested to hear if your lean burn is working. It feels like a sudden loss of power and you need to open the throttle much more to maintain speed. Or you could just monitor the O2 output with a DMM.
I'm not sure everything is hooked up correctly on my car yet. I'm supposed to hook a wire up to the clutch switch, but I havn't done that yet. Does the Z1 do something different when the clutch is engaged?

I'm shooting for something in the 40s, only b/c I don't want to be let down if there are no noticable differences with the new engine

I really should hook up the DMM to the o2 sensor though to see if I'm hitting lean burn or not.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 11:04 PM   #5
Registered Member

50-60s for sure. I have a friend that was in the same (very similar) situation recently annd he hit 50+something
Joseph90 is offline   Reply With Quote