Let's talk WAI - Page 11 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2010, 06:43 AM   #101
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentraSE-R View Post
Sorry, but there are no 25%, 33%, or 50% WAI gains. Spotaneagle and Project84 are the only two claiming these large gains. Spot only has two tanks recorded for his car, showing no mileage gain. Project84's car also shows no gain. From July 08 through this winter, his city mileage has stayed right at 25-27 mpg. What correlates with good mileage in his mileage log is his highway trips in summer '08. That's when he got his 43 mpg tank and all his 30+ mpg tanks. It wasn't his WAI. It was his highway drives.
Do you even HAVE A GASLOG? No. You're signature reports youre gains which hell, I can change my sig right now to read 184% above EPA and then delete my garage entry and I'll resemble you.... someone who is talking out of their @$$. Congrats.

Did you miss the part where I said I only drive about 1,000 miles highway per year?

Yes, some here and there, but as far as long trips go, I see my parents in Cleveland two or three times per year at 500 miles round trip.

Did you miss the part where I said EPA for this car's city mileage is 21? I'm averaging 27-28. That doesn't correlate to good mileage?

Did you miss the part where I said my best average mpg for a 100% highway trip before the HAI was only 33mpg? I upped the tires from 34 to 50, added the HAI and ScanGauge, and hit the road... no other mods, no other tricks. I guess the tires accounted for the gains.

I don't think you missed any of that. I just think you're a stubborn individual who is scared of testing, or even more scared of people achieving what you've thought to be impossible. You don't want to be wrong.

Sorry bud, you're wrong.

'96 Chevy C1500 (5.0L 5sp)
'08 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
'01 KTM Duke 2
Project84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:42 AM   #102
Banned

i constantly for months tried to maximize mileage with my car as is with nothing over 34.5mpg average ever

then I installed my As sold on tv (this is a joke) WAI!!!

and now i can get around 38.7 mpg average!! even close to 40 sometimes! 42 if I really try

But uh, this really happened AND I didnt buy it on TV.

spotaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:47 AM   #103
Banned

if I'm not mistaken doesn't WAI work better on a MAP system as opposed to a MAF system? or something like that?
spotaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:08 PM   #104
Registered Member

spot,

you are right, I missquoted on that one. MAP and MAF seem to always get mixed up in my head. sorry.

correction, it works in systems with IAT and not so well with MAP sensors.

(thanks)

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:27 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project84 View Post
Do you even HAVE A GASLOG? No. You're signature reports youre gains which hell, I can change my sig right now to read 184% above EPA and then delete my garage entry and I'll resemble you.... someone who is talking out of their @$$. Congrats.
Your stupid blind FAITH does not make your 50% improvement claim become the truth, and your personal attacks don't help prove your case, either. My gas log has nothing to do with this discussion, because I'm not the one claiming a single outlier tank improved my mileage from 31 to 46 mpg. First of all, your baseline mpg isn't 31, and never was 31. Second, your best tank after HAI is 43, not 46. Third, here's my gas log for my SE-R, and here's my gas log for my xB. They're both about 70% above EPA combined mileage. When you can consistently do that for 24,000 miles, you can start to pottymouth your opponents. Right now, your Saturn's 21 mpg city EPA v. your 27 mpg city average doesn't look nearly as good as my Sentra's exact same 21 mpg city EPA v. my 38.0 mpg combined average. And before you go that direction, my highway driving probably pulls my fuel economy down, rather than pushing it up. I regularly top 50 mpg on local country roads out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project84 View Post
I don't think you missed any of that. I just think you're a stubborn individual who is scared of testing, or even more scared of people achieving what you've thought to be impossible.
Far from it. I want to see your testing, instead of your bragging. You're big on talk, and short on proof.
FrugalFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:44 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotaneagle View Post
bahahaha I dont have the time to record all the details here

I only claimed a modest 20% using real world testing scientific METHOD for ABOUT FOUR WEEK I TRIED TO GET THE HIGHEST MPG I COULD AND ONLY GOT 34 AND THEN FOR about four months I used a WAI and I am using this to come up with what I am saying, THEN I LOST THE ABILITY TO CHECK MPG AND HAVE IT MEAN MUCH because of a change of commute
7MPG + FROM AN AVERAGE OVERALL OF 30 MPG TO 36 OR 37

THERE MUST BE SEVERAL DOZEN IF NOT MORE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD HERE CLAIMING POSITIVE RESULTS

THE HIGHER AVERAGE COMES FROM CITY DRIVING WHICH IS AFFECTED MORE IN TERMS OF RAISING MPG BY A WAI,
being convinced of positive results and by my tedious testing methods, I feel that the other HOT air intake experiment I did was accurate at 45mpg while my best result with my new current Warmer air intake setup was 42,
What you're saying is you didn't do ABA testing, and increased volume is supposed to substitute for your lack of controlled tests.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #107
Registered Member

Quote:
... my highway driving probably pulls my fuel economy down, rather than pushing it up.
That's because you don't have a HAI.

hahahahahahaha

...I'm crying I'm laughing so hard!!!

For the record I got 46.7mpg when exiting the interstate, adding some city driving (I think 2 days worth of back and forth to work) is what pulled me down to 43.

I also never personally attacked you... if anything I've been attacked by being called a liar and/or questioning the truthfullness of my gaslog.

You're trying to turn this into a pissing match with your "yours doesn't like as good as mine" attitude. That's not what this is about. This is about defending and explaining how something has been tested and proven. BY MANY PEOPLE.

You're just a nay-sayer. That's cool... not everyone was born w/ sound logic and the capability to make reasonable assessments after hearing honest testimony and being shown proof. I mean, we all know you can lead a horse to water....
'01 KTM Duke 2
Old 01-30-2010, 03:47 PM   #108
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Ok, everybody back it off a notch. This is an internet discussion about cheap DIY experimental car modifications, not a court case about abortion. I think it's possible to discuss calmly and inoffensively.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #109

Here's John's gas log.

I'm looking at all the tanks >35 mpg in his log, to see if there's any association of good mileage with the WAI he installed.

Peak 1 is the 43 mpg HAI burp, on July 6, 2008, during a 245 mile "Drive to Cleveland." The following two tanks occurred on 7/22/08 and 7/25/08, with gas log entries "This tank includes the commute back from Cleveland to KY (250 miles)" and "70% highway."

Peak 2 occurs 9, 10, and 11 tanks later, between 10/26/08 and 11/7/09. The gas logs say "260 miles of highway," "Trip home from Cleveland was 250 miles," and "Lots of highway."

Peak 3 is a single tank spike three tanks later, on 3/1/09. The gas log entry is "All highway."

Peak 4 occurs 9 and 10 tanks after Peak 3, on July 5 and 14, 2009. The gas log entries say "90% Highway" and "Trip back from Cleveland was 250 miles of highway."

Aside from those >35 mpg highway-associated blips, John doesn't have a single tank whose mileage significantly exceeds what he obtained before he installed his WAI. Can anyone logically credit his WAI with giving him better mileage? Can anyone see a consistent mileage gain (let alone a 50% benefit from 31 mpg to 46 mpg resulting from his WAI? I can't. His WAI fuel gains are simply highway mileage gains. Logically.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:34 PM   #110
Registered Member

Quote:
Here's John's gas log.

I'm looking at all the tanks >35 mpg in his log, to see if there's any association of good mileage with the WAI he installed.

Peak 1 is the 43 mpg HAI burp, on July 6, 2008, during a 245 mile "Drive to Cleveland." The following two tanks occurred on 7/22/08 and 7/25/08, with gas log entries "This tank includes the commute back from Cleveland to KY (250 miles)" and "70% highway."

Peak 2 occurs 9, 10, and 11 tanks later, between 10/26/08 and 11/7/09. The gas logs say "260 miles of highway," "Trip home from Cleveland was 250 miles," and "Lots of highway."

Peak 3 is a single tank spike three tanks later, on 3/1/09. The gas log entry is "All highway."

Peak 4 occurs 9 and 10 tanks after Peak 3, on July 5 and 14, 2009. The gas log entries say "90% Highway" and "Trip back from Cleveland was 250 miles of highway."

Aside from those >35 mpg highway-associated blips, John doesn't have a single tank whose mileage significantly exceeds what he obtained before he installed his WAI. Can anyone logically credit his WAI with giving him better mileage? Can anyone see a consistent mileage gain (let alone a 50% benefit from 31 mpg to 46 mpg resulting from his WAI? I can't. His WAI fuel gains are simply highway mileage gains. Logically.
I'm impressed by the detail but somewhat saddened that you spent that much time of your life scanning my gas log. I want to say congrats, but I don't really support obsessive behavior so... ?

I've never once said the HAI is more beneficial in city mileage. I have seen my biggest gains come from highway. I have also already stated twice that the only other thing I've changed is the tires from 32 to 50. So unless your are crediting that change for all the MPG improvements from my [already mentioned] previous all time high 100% highway tank of 33mpg, then what is your point?

Also, why would ANYONE see "a consistent mileage gain" with any mod. You're telling me the HAI should've improved my mileage 1mpg at a time and stayed consistantly improving? Well I'll be a son of a gun... this HAI thing is pulling one over on me! Darn thing is workin backwards! Oh.. that's right.. I'm also looking at my gas log where I said previously that the car was using substantially less oil per 300 miles, which these s-series are known to burn oil, and no days its using a 2 or 3 times as much as it was when I initially installed the HAI. All of that is documented right there in detail in the gaslog. So with engine condition worsening, you think its logical to expect "a consistent mileage gain" ?? Are you kidding me? Do you realize to achieve 27mpg from a car gulping down 2 quarts of oil every 300 miles is an impressive accomplishment? I suppose thats just normal engine operation? Yeah, sure.

Oh wait.. no.. that was all part of my hoax. Yep, caught me red handed. I've been plotting against you guys here trying to save gas, lying about all this. See, I'm an executive at Exxon Mobile. You've all been fooled. HAI's are actually ticking time bombs and installing one will result in 1 of 2 things.

1: there is reason to believe you could possibly save fuel

2: you could also possibly lose control of your car and sprial out at speeds exceeding those typically observed by the fuel conscious.

You have been warned! They'll probably fire me for telling you guys that... but a life saved is worth it.

While I've got your attention I'd like to refer you here:
http://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=11963

Where you'll see my testimony on HAI. I was asked to calculate average mileage before HAI and it is 26.11. Average AFTER HAI is 29.56

If that's not enough of a saving to matter to you think of this. I'm extending my mileage by 1.5 gallons each tank. (3.5 MPG difference on a 12 gallong fuel tank) Even at todays gas prices, 3-4 tanks would pay for the HAI and after that I'm saving money. Anything wrong w/ that scenario? When gas was $4+ I paid for the HAI and put money in my pocket on the very first trip out with it.

'01 KTM Duke 2