Lower gas prices with your phone - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
Registered Member

Lower gas prices with your phone

I for one am tired of the political system messing up our economic system. The one thing that politicians have proven it that they can not be trusted with our money, and can not run the country, and especially the free market. I am trying to bring about a change in policies that would eventually lower gas prices and strengthen the economy. It is just a matter of getting people mad enough to call their representatives, and reminding them who has the real power in the country. What I ask of you is to please visit my website and read it if you agree with what is said please make the call. Together we can make a change!

www.itsanamericanthing.net

Thanks for your support!

KarKess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
Registered Member

i'm with ya on alotta those issues. and i'm an independant voter.

something else that needs to be addressed is the drunken spending...

let's impliment the fair tax, no to be confused w/ flat tax which would save billions(over many years) by downsizing the mighty IRS.

eliminate pork barrel, limit and regulate earmarks.

run the gov't like a private business--smart budgetting. TURN OUT THE LIGHTS and TURN OFF THE VEHICLES that are not in use!

then taxes can be cut while cutting the deficit AND in turn stimulate the economy!!!

BTW, defending the oil companies and "profit" will ruffle some feathers here...just figured i warn ya

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:06 PM   #3
Registered Member

Get Rid Of The Central Bank!
Old 04-05-2008, 03:30 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothman86 View Post
Get Rid Of The Central Bank!
The Federal Reserve is a private entity made up of several powerful banks.

Think of it this way the Federal Reserve is as much a part of U.S. Government as Federal Express is.

Would you really want the idiots we have in the Senate and House of the Representatives getting their hands on the Federal Reserve.

Didn't Pelosi and Reid say if we put them in charge of the House and Senate they would change they way Washington works. Well 15 months later we sure have seen the wonderful changes they have brought.
GasSavers_ALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:03 PM   #5
Registered Member

Well to be honost with you if we can have type of success with this issue. I would like to take the politicians on when it comes to the tax issue. I am tired of not being represented by my elected officials. The only thing they tend to understand is money and power, but I do know they also understand the power of the vote and numbers. If the right number of voters calls and tells them represent us or pack your bags, they will listen. I've already called my representatives and intend on doing it at least once a week, I urge others to do the same. It is the only way we will see a change.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:10 PM   #6
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to kamesama980 Send a message via Yahoo to kamesama980
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Didn't Pelosi and Reid say if we put them in charge of the House and Senate they would change they way Washington works. Well 15 months later we sure have seen the wonderful changes they have brought.
You didn't actually expect them to be either willing or able to keep any campaign promise did you?
mechanic, carpenter, stagehand, rigger, and know-it-all smartass
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
kamesama980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamesama980 View Post
You didn't actually expect them to be either willing or able to keep any campaign promise did you?
yes they've been very busy naming(memorializing?) posts offices and other such important things.

wonder what % of votes they(democrats) received on the 2 stipulations of ending the war and impeaching W?

hence the lowest approval rating of congress in the history of the USA. and lower than the W's as well.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:36 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarKess View Post
Well to be honost with you if we can have type of success with this issue. I would like to take the politicians on when it comes to the tax issue. I am tired of not being represented by my elected officials. The only thing they tend to understand is money and power, but I do know they also understand the power of the vote and numbers. If the right number of voters calls and tells them represent us or pack your bags, they will listen. I've already called my representatives and intend on doing it at least once a week, I urge others to do the same. It is the only way we will see a change.
i appreciate your enthusiasm, but just take a look at how Americans are viewed by some(other nations). in short we are lazy and cannot make tough decisions. i believe there's a lot of truth to that.

we want things done for us and cannot make tough decisions be it in our personal budgets or voting/acting on change. personal debt is rising while personal savings is shrinking. sound familiar, like our national debt? also, too many still vote party only w/out holding their reps accountable.

take an example that's pertinent to this site...many people still haven't changed to a more efficient vehicle nor changed their driving habits since fuel prices have gone up.

i would encourage you to keep doing what you're doing, and hopefully others will follow!
Old 04-05-2008, 09:31 PM   #9
Registered Member

Thanks for your support, I am hoping to make a difference or at least make people think about the state of our elected officials.