Maverick engine - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-06-2022, 06:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

Maverick engine

When I went to narrow down my search for a Ford Maverick I was confused by all the engine choices. Many had letters before them. I know that the awd uses an ice turbocharged motor, but I’m at a loss for which option to choose.
Thanks for your feedback.

kennethandmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 03:42 AM   #2
Registered Member

The hybrid engine is way better on fuel consumption, especially if you drive in the city. But it can only tow 1,500lbs.

The 2.0L EcoBeast engine can tow up to 4,000lbs and can also be AWD.

If you only tow 1,500lbs, get the hybrid and some good winter tires for the winter. Your wallet will thank you for it.

Old 07-10-2022, 01:30 PM   #3
Registered Member

Ford is reusing the Maverick name for their new pick up. It used to grace an old car model. They are both filed under Maverick with Fuelly.

The engine codes used here is quite simple once you know it. The number is the amount of cylinders letter is the cylinder arrangement; I=inline, H=horizontal or boxer, and the V is self explanatory. Oh, R is rotary, but this very few of those. Then it gives fuel type with the*/electric meaning a hybrid. Of course, this isn't explained anywhere, so people pick the wrong thing when entering their car info. I don't think a V4 in a mass produced car exists.

Fuelly's system doesn't distinguish if there is a turbo or not, which makes things tricky when the car has options with or without.

If you are researching the new truck, go into the 2022 listing before playing with filters. You can get the hybrid data easy under the submodel listing, or at least most of them.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote