More Jettas registered than any others? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2011, 05:30 AM   #1

More Jettas registered than any others?

It seems odd to me that the VW Jetta is the most popular car on Fuelly. It is certainly not the most popular car on the road - in fact, it's quite far from it.

All I can think is that us Jetta owners are relatively like-minded and are genuinely concerned about fuel economy and how to constantly improve it. This would relate to a higher percentage of Jetta owners registering here than any other vehicle type. Should be some interesting stats.

Even so, Prius buyers are typically more outspoken regarding fuel consumption and economy and love to share that experience with others. Why aren't there more Prius owners onboard here?

Fuelly allows us Jetta folks(and all other car owners, for that matter) to share this knowledge and better ourselves.

av8r1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:36 AM   #2
pb

I think what happened is that our forum badges feature caught on early over at the forum TDIClub where there are a large number of Jetta owners. So there was an enthusiastic base of diesel Jetta owners who took to Fuelly early and it has continued from there.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:07 AM   #3
Registered Member

Agreed, I found out about Fuelly via the forum badges posted at TDIClub.

pb- I see you have a Jetta in your garage, is that a result of the large number of Jettas registered on this site?

-Jason
quadrun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:49 AM   #4
pb

heh, nah, that Jetta in my garage is just for testing. I don't have a Jetta in my real garage. But after seeing the mileage the diesels get here for years I'll consider it next time I'm in the market for a car.
pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #5

I found out about Fuelly on a truck forum. I started adding my information to see if my truck is/was getting as good as fuel mileage as I thought. Generally speaking it does well for it's size (3/4 ton) and it's usually in the top 2-3 for it's make/model/year. But lets not get crazy here...it's a 6k pound truck; fuel efficient doesn't quite belong in the same sentence when your talking about it. I will say Fuelly has helped me track the mileage on our three main rides.
zhilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #6

I too recently found fuelly as a result of browsing the TDI forum. I would also suspect that there are more diesel TDI's than Prius? (If not, there will be soon)
axelwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:56 AM   #7

but nothing beats the jetI lol PKTDI (prius killing TDI) lol. Might I add that the prius is the biggest waste of time and money. Its a joke and ugly and serves no purpose on this plant or the next. no power+ ugly looking+ $10,000$ worth of batters after a certain time frame or milage= TDI purchase haha. If ppl r smart and practical they would see that diesel is the best for the industry and most of all, practical for any family or buisness. it is the way of the future, and a better way of life. less barrels of cude oil prolonges the enevidable. lol my stance is go diesel or start walking to your destination.
jetta3020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #8
Registered Member

I also found out about Fuelly from the TDIClub forum.

Cogeneration is offline   Reply With Quote