MPG-CAPS - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2006, 11:10 AM   #21
Registered Member

Test: Reply

The test I am conducting is very crude in regards to the scientific method. There is no placebo nor is there a large enough study group to make an actual factual statement when finished.

What I hope people will see after the test is this...
FFi states: "Fuel Freedom International guarantees a 7-14% improvement in fuel economy"....If we as a small study group don't get this 7-14% improvement in miles per gallon...Then a very critical statement made by FFi will be false.
GUARANTEE is a widely abused word!

We represent the average consumer...MLM's always will have the SCAM stereo type by the nature of the business. Business in general is "cut-throat" if you want to be a big player. Trying to establish a footprint can cause business entities to inflate the truth!

FFi and other companies in this field will always find skeptics because they are competing against the OPEC's of the world which have us all dependent on their products. Their greedy petroleum hands are in some of the most influential pockets in the world and have professional staff that work full time squashing start up companies that try to perfect their product or discover a better process for useage.

There are revolutionary discoveries everyday! Who is to say that gasoline or the way cars convert gasoline is such a perfect system that by no means can anyone improve the process!

I am willing to try out the product, run a small informal test and see what results unfold. You have to look at each side of the equation to establish enough facts to make a personal decission.

If the FFi product shows results...it would be a good thing for us all...
If the FFi product is just a MLM SCAM, selling snake oil to the public...then they should be shut down!
If you are concerned or have made comments...run your own test groups!

P.S. The individual who made reference to "The Hawthorne Effect"...Please read below.

"The Hawthorne effect is a phenomenon in industrial psychology first observed in the 1920s that refers to improvements in productivity or quality resulting from the mere fact that workers were being studied or observed. For fifty years, the study underlying this phenomenon was highly influential in the study of organizational behavior and has become an important case study in the discipline of Social research.Many later studies failed to find evidence for it, and in the 1970s substantial flaws were revealed in the original studies"
Reference: www.wikipedia.org

Most types of studies are debatable and don't account for the many variables. Again, my test is just one to establish some consumer findings!

The fact of it all is FFi should be pumping creditable research companies to validate their product...If it is all that, the money spent on multiple research studies would be a drop in the bucket. If a number of creditable research companies from different parts of the world confirmed FFi's findings then the amount of money to be made is incrediable.

This is why I am skeptical...but willing to test it out! Anyone who has been approached by an FFi distributor should request a free sample and conduct your own test group.

P.S.S. The ABC news team didn't follow the correct procedure for use...they only tested it for 50 mile on one tank of gas. ABC should go back and redo the study correctly! How can you base a decission off the type of study they completed...THE STUDY I AM DOING IS MORE ACCURATE and that isn't saying much!

rmc09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:15 AM   #22
Driving on E

I wish you the best of luck on your study, and am eagerly awaiting the findings.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #23
Registered Member

Somehow this magic fuel pill reminds me of a magic laundry ball my wife tried about 8 years ago. Claims that this 4 inch ball washes clothes clean by releasing a small amount of its internal watery fluid into the wash, changing its molecular structure and attracting dirt.
No soap required and 100% environmental safe.
My clothes came visibly clean as can expect if washed by water alone and stank worse every time so we gave it back with a "no thank you"

Someone around my work is posting ads for that "vortex" thingy which is supposed to magically align the gasoline molecular structure for "up to 50% savings" of fuel.

Baah!
Sounds like a magic fuel pill to me.
It rubs me really wrong about that vortex gimick knowing just sensible economy driving skills produce multiple times better results - and for free.
This is the first time I've heard about this magic fuel pill but I'd bet the Vortex dealers know that they are taking advantage of people.
-Steve
Hot Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #24
FE nut

Quote:
It rubs me really wrong about that vortex gimick knowing just sensible economy driving skills produce multiple times better results - and for free.
I agree. My FE went up by a huge amount after being shown how to more efficiently do what I was doing. The only "cost" was a bit more time for commutes.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:46 AM   #25
Registered Member

Arrow FFi Test Log: Established Baseline MPG.

September 11th, 2006:

Establishing a baseline:
After running three tanks of 92 oct. in my 2003 Montero, my average miles per gallon was 17.4.

Still waiting for the others to send in their 3 tank averages. After I collect their data I post an update.

Using the FFi Product:

The product I am using is the FFi:MPG-Caps. I was told for best results to crush them before you put them into your gas tank. I did a little research and most vehicles built after 1983 will have some sort of Anti-Syphon Filter that could restrict the pill from entering your tank, which if the product doesn't completly enter the tank it will not give the correct output and results.
A liquid form is going to be available sometime soon...I was told, which would be much easier.

I purchased a pill crusher for $5.99 and a Medicine dropper. Crushed up three caps and put the dust in a glass container. Mixed a little bit of gasoline with the dust and used the dropper to suction up the product. The dropper was nice because it was long enough to actually get past the flapper and into the neck of the gas tube...about 4 to 5 inch.

As of September 12, 2006 I have started the FFi consumer testing. The directions say...the Second Tank add another 3 Caps:21-30 gallons. The Third Tank 1.5 Caps : 21-30 gallons and by this tank I should see some results!

Any changes or problems will be posted here after.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:40 PM   #26
Registered Member

Man you do some driving 3 tanks in 3 days. Results should come quickly at that rate.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:51 AM   #27
Registered Member

What are you talking about? Who is toast?
Old 09-15-2006, 11:58 AM   #28
*shrug*

Edit: Nevermind
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:41 PM   #29
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by withak11
A friend of mine is trying to get me to sign up for this gas pill marketing deal, so I am investigating. It walks like a pyramid scheme, it talks like a pym. sch. and it looks like one too. I can't find anybody who is willing to boast about it on the net, except the people who are in the marketing pyramid. Can't find info at the EPA either, but supposedly they are registered. It seems a simple octane booster would provide similar results to their claims? Anybody out there that has the real deal on this stuff? Please, no one that is in the marketing of this buis reply. Thanks
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...uel_pills.html
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:50 AM   #30
Registered Member

Mothballs. I figured it would turn out to be a large stock of expired vitamins or something.

Hot Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote