MPG-CAPS - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2006, 06:49 PM   #1
Registered Member

MPG-CAPS

Recently I have been introduced to a product that helps me save 10% to 30% on my fuel cost, A small pill that changes the way our car burns the gas we put in it. check it out at
www.autogassaver.myffi.biz and let me know if you have heard of anything like this

autogassaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:51 PM   #2
*shrug*

We have certainly heard of

We have certainly heard of it, but are very critical off it. We'd prolly suggest you give some samples to testers on the board so that they could support/bleh the thing generally.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:06 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hummm MSDS Sheet for this

Hummm MSDS Sheet for this pills says they are non-tonix... But the smell is bland... I wonder if they taste bland too???
Old 03-03-2006, 07:17 PM   #4
Registered Member

they do smell quite funky,

they do smell quite funky, wouldnt even want to taste it
Old 03-03-2006, 07:37 PM   #5
Driving on E

This is getting silly.

This is getting silly.

Products that work do not need to be sold using multi-level marketing. Show us hard data, provide samples so we can do our out analysis, or please stop taking us for fools.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 06:25 AM   #6
Registered Member

^^^ word

^^^
word

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 07:50 AM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
pills

Probably the same stuff being sold in BetterMPG or Maxmpg group - takes extra pills to start it up and 4 full tanks to show results and if you miss a tank you have to start all over again. Probably coats the engine with a catalyst that builds up gradually and burns off easily. Bottom line is that it cost more to use than anything else we are doing. Damn xB is running with so little gas now it doesn't get warm enough to make heat in the cabin.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 01:00 PM   #8
Registered Member

MPG-CAPS

I have to admit that I was a skeptic myself, I researched the "EPA" website and found that this product is indeed registered with them. Later found that this product is not only a fuel system cleaner but a lube as well. Still I was cautious to put it in my 1999 ls400 and also in my 2002 f150, but after all is said and done the product does what it says it will do. the marketing aspect of it is something that you can do if you want or not. at 2 bucks a cap to treat up to 20 gals. my personal gain in the ls400 was 3 mpg around town. In short, it works for me, its 100% active ingrediants fully dissolve, very easy to carry around. so far I like it
Old 03-05-2006, 07:06 PM   #9
Registered Member

MPG-CAPS, Bioperformance Fuels-(Co. name)

A friend of mine is trying to get me to sign up for this gas pill marketing deal, so I am investigating. It walks like a pyramid scheme, it talks like a pym. sch. and it looks like one too. I can't find anybody who is willing to boast about it on the net, except the people who are in the marketing pyramid. Can't find info at the EPA either, but supposedly they are registered. It seems a simple octane booster would provide similar results to their claims? Anybody out there that has the real deal on this stuff? Please, no one that is in the marketing of this buis reply. Thanks
withak11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 07:19 PM   #10
Driving on E

Re: MPG-CAPS, Bioperformance Fuels-(Co. name)

Quote:
Originally Posted by withak11
A friend of mine is trying to get me to sign up for this gas pill marketing deal, so I am investigating. It walks like a pyramid scheme, it talks like a pym. sch. and it looks like one too. I can't find anybody who is willing to boast about it on the net, except the people who are in the marketing pyramid. Can't find info at the EPA either, but supposedly they are registered. It seems a simple octane booster would provide similar results to their claims? Anybody out there that has the real deal on this stuff? Please, no one that is in the marketing of this buis reply. Thanks
being "registered" with the EPA really doesn't mean anything. Other "gas saving devices" like the Tornado are also registered with the EPA.

More info here as to why this is a bad tactic for trying to get people to purchase your product:

http://www.rxp.com/wouldn.htm

Quote:
Approval by a government agency.
These kinds of claims are simply false as no government agency endorses gas-saving products for cars. You will see advertising and packaging containing wording like "registered with the EPA" or "certified (some government agency) technology." Don't be mislead by such claims as they mean absolutely nothing.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote