My best local mpg ever! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-12-2008, 03:54 PM   #1

My van's best local mpg ever!

I'm so happy right now. I've been driving Chevrolet Astros exclusively since 1997, love these vans. Always been ok with the mileage which was usually anywhere between 16-19 mpg. This is the first full tank I've run in Green since happening across this site and with extensive neutral coasting, neutral or engine off at lights, and trying to keep my RPMs low (by ear, no tach) I managed to hit 21.66 mpg! Made 458.7 miles and put 21.177 gallons in the tank. My Info Center said I burned 22.6 gallons at 20.3 mpg and had 91 miles left till empty. I erred with caution and filled up, but most likely could have driven about 100 more. I used to get scared when the trip odometer was near 420 miles and have run out of gas a couple times near that in the late '90s.

Makes me wonder what I'll be able to get when I try some aero mods.

ihatemybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:41 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow

Old 05-12-2008, 04:46 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
congrats. I expect to hit some records too now that the warm weather is here and I'm EOCing like a fiend with my new battery and am now armed with the recent discovery of 125 feet drafting behind trucks.

Today was drafting behind a tractor trailer and a superduty pick up was drafting behind me. It's not often I encounter other gassavers on the roadways, so it was quite kewl. We formed a little train in the slow lane.

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote