NanoTech fuel additive - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2008, 08:01 AM   #1
Registered Member

NanoTech fuel additive

I read about this in another gas saver website forum. This fuel additive can be used in both gasoline and diesel engines and supposedly uses "nanotechnology" to give you great benefits overall, you know, the boost in mpg, smoother engine, reduced emissions and so on.... Interesting to read. Here's the link:
http://fuellegacy.com/techOverview.asp

hound_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:09 AM   #2
Registered Member

I nearly hit the "report" button on this... but the user does have a few posts, and none of them seem to be related to this product...

You're either a very sophisticated spammer or just weren't paying attention to what gets marked "spam" here...

Old 08-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #3
Registered Member

Technobable and meaningless graphs.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:39 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
Tried looking up the MSDS and ended up at scam.com... lol
Old 08-06-2008, 01:35 PM   #5
Registered Member

At $26.99 the cost comes to $1.80 per 10 gallons treated. Their own add says average 5-8% FE gain. 5% of 10 gallons of gas at $4.00 a gallon would be a savings of $2.00 so you would save 20c on ten gallons of gas if you don't include their shipping costs. It wouldn't be worth the time and trouble for a 20c savings. If you got lucky and got the 8% gain then your total savings would be $1.40 on 10 gallons not including shipping costs. I think I'll just use my money for gas.
#47 on my way to #1
Ford Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:19 AM   #6
Registered Member

This stuff is a scam, I did an extended writeup on it, but the thread was deleted since it was started by a spammer.

Basically there claims of "nanotechnology" is just plain bunk. Furthermore the company was founded by a guy after his previous scam fuel additive company failed. Also their one claimed report on proof of it working they have the name of the place that supposedly did it wrong, and don't have the report available anywhere (and the testing company doesn't have it in their online archives). The company has existed since 1990-ish and doesn't have one set of verifiable data that their product actually works.

Think inside the Box!
Improbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:11 AM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Improbcat: Google still has a cache:
http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache...el/t-7137.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Improbcat
What do you mean by "Nanotech fuel"? There is no nanotechnology that I know of being produced on a commercial scale, nevermind a fuel produced that way.

So since it doesn't exist, I don't see it helping the price of gas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Improbcat
Oh wait, I went and looked at your website.

"high-tech liquid nanotechnology"

"NanoTech eeFuel™ builds an exceptionally stable three dimensional lattice structure consisting of sub-microscopic nano-clusters"

Is all clearly nonsense.

And the "Industrie en Technlek" you claim did testing on it is actually the "Industrie en Techniek". And a search for your product eefuel plus that only brings up this thread (http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p=510191) talking about how eefuel is the latest scam by a guy who resigned from his position as the president of another scam fuel-saving company.

Also your company doesn't even seem to know who they are or what their product is called. Sometimes it is "Nanotech fuel Co" sometimes it is "H2OIL". Sometimes your product is "eefuel" sometimes it is "F2-21 eefuel", and sometimes it is "NanoTech eeFuel"

Basically this is a complete nonsense snakeoil product that does nothing to boost gas mileage, and may well cause engine damage. And your company is a scammy multi-level-marketing (MLM) scheme to try and rope in more suckers.

If you have any real gas saving tips, advice or questions I'd love to hear them. But thus far all you have done is spam all over this forum with either links to your website (which is a horrible jumble of stolen web images and random web links that seems to exist only to be a place for giant links to your "nanotech fuel"). Which makes it look like you're trying to post your forum to raise it's google pagerank and try and sucker people who are honestly trying to save gas into buying your junk product.

If I am wrong, by all means correct me. But please provide some sort of proof. Send me the report by the "Industrie en Technlek", I'll have it translated and review it. Show me any other lab testing (in-house or otherwise). I'd love to see some peer-reviewable level testing data on your product. Since your company has been around since 1990 you should have a decent dataset by now.

Otherwise please stop spamming with your snake-oil scam.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:48 AM   #8
Registered Member

apology

lol sorry, I apologize to everyone and anyone who thinks my post is considered spam. Im kind of new at this and would never intend to scam or cheat anybody. I thank those repliers for letting me know about this as I am sure that there are hundreds even thousands of useless crap out on the market!! I'll be extra cautious in researching future products/findings fully, if anything i'll ask what yall think.

-John
hound_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:03 AM   #9
Registered Member

but it is good to ask about stuff. that is how you learn what is crap and what is not. I have asked about a bunch of stuff (most of it was crap).

as a rule of thumb, if you don't see many people doing it on this site, it either doesn't work(like pills in the gas tank) or takes a lot of effort or gusto to make it work (like a boat tail or swapping in a VX motor).

*edit* a good example of effort. there is a guy on here that wrecked his civic VX which gets killer gas mileage and has replaced it with a del sol but he is taking the VX motor and goodies out of the wrecked one and putting it in the del sol. he is going to get killer mileage out of the del sol but it is taking a lot of time and effort to do it.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:21 AM   #10
Site Team / Moderator

You will see in time that forums like this attract lots of people trying to sell mileage boosting additives and/or devices. Most often it is shill... The person making the post is selling it, but they pose as a satisified customer, or "Knows someone" who uses the product with astronomical results. Sorry if your post tripped everyone's internal "spam detector".

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote