New #1 in Town - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2006, 03:33 AM   #1
Registered Member

New #1 in Town

Wow. Metro vaulted into the lead. Great tank and the trend is still upward. With Basjoos mods it should become very interesting between you two. The 100 MPG tank is just a summer away

zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:48 AM   #2
Registered Member

Appears my leap to 78.98 is just a side-effect of the 90-day stat: an old tank dropped off (68.x) .

If I actually manage to hold 85 mpg to this weekend's top-up, it should drag my 90-day figure up to 80. It's going to be close...

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:52 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
Appears my leap to 78.98 is just a side-effect of the 90-day stat: an old tank dropped off (68.x) .

If I actually manage to hold 85 mpg to this weekend's top-up, it should drag my 90-day figure up to 80. It's going to be close...
Pretty darn impressive On a down note how much affect does the winter have on your FE? You will be at a disadvantage compaired to those of us down south. All and all great job!
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:12 AM   #4
*shrug*

Oh, the good old times. I wonder how I'd be doing if I still car'd it up. Time to start planning the EV conversion! Mwahaha, wanna sponsor me, Matt?
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:24 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto
how much affect does the winter have on your FE? You will be at a disadvantage compaired to those of us down south.
The cold is not a pretty picture. I figured it out on my Accord:

12.5% worse mileage during the colder half of the year (Oct 15 to Apr 15) than for the warmest half (Apr 15 - Oct 15), on average 2002-2004. Comparing just the warmest months (Jun-Aug) to the coldest (Dec-Feb), the difference is even more apparent - 21.2% worse (2002).

In the Blackfly, I had an 81 mpg r.t. yesterday in city driving. That would easily have been mid-90's in August. It's only going to get worse...

Anyone wanna sponsor me? I'll require a southeastern US postal code for the next 4 months or so to maintain my good FE.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:28 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Oh, the good old times. I wonder how I'd be doing if I still car'd it up. Time to start planning the EV conversion!
You'd be doing better and betterer, no doubt.

EV conversion... I'm still waiting to hear back from the machinist. Good thing we haven't run out of oil yet, at the pace that whole thing is going.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:31 AM   #7
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Oh, the good old times. I wonder how I'd be doing if I still car'd it up. Time to start planning the EV conversion! Mwahaha, wanna sponsor me, Matt?
Haha... sponsor you... I'll give you $100 if you paint "GasSavers.Org" on the side of the car REALLY big.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:28 AM   #8
*shrug*

Psha, I'm not much one for sponsorship anyway.

On a related note, I will be meeting with someone who converted their 300d to SVO on monday just to kick it. Mehbe I can addict them to GS.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:28 AM   #9
Registered Member

I updated my tanks today and droped a spot.

And after I put the current tank in I will be a celler dweller.
psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:41 PM   #10
Supporting Member

MetroMPG -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
The cold is not a pretty picture. I figured it out on my Accord:

12.5% worse mileage during the colder half of the year (Oct 15 to Apr 15) than for the warmest half (Apr 15 - Oct 15), on average 2002-2004. Comparing just the warmest months (Jun-Aug) to the coldest (Dec-Feb), the difference is even more apparent - 21.2% worse (2002).

In the Blackfly, I had an 81 mpg r.t. yesterday in city driving. That would easily have been mid-90's in August. It's only going to get worse...

Anyone wanna sponsor me? I'll require a southeastern US postal code for the next 4 months or so to maintain my good FE.
What would be really really really cool is if Matt could add an automated weather feature where the time period between fill-ups is averaged with weather data based on your location (avg temp, avg humidity). That would allow you to see how you were faring "against the elements". If your rate of MPG drop was less than the rate of temp drop, then you would be "beating the (weather) system", so to speak.

Of course, programming that would make Matt very depressed I think (i.e. lat+long input and/or Zipcode input leading to automated temp/humidity graphing).

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote