New cars are coming out with Direct Injection - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-24-2006, 12:06 AM   #11
Registered Member

Back to Direct Injection

OK, yes, Direct Injection is the way of the future. Here are cars off the top of my head that have it:

* MazdaSpeed 6: 2.3L DISI
* Various Audis: (guessing) A4, A5; 2.0L Direct Injection
* Various V-dubs (representing Deutchland): Variant of the Audi/VW 2-Litre (Golf) and maybe the new Passat -- just lookup these brands for confirmation.

RH77

Old 03-24-2006, 12:27 AM   #12
Registered Member

Re: Quote:I've raced a turboed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
I spose a stock camry would be an unpredictable car to race, but so would a Honda Insight that runs 9s and has the fastest trap speed of any FWD car.
<<containing laughter>>

What you need is to go old school. I'm talkin' K. Not as in 1000 or Potassium, but as in Reliant. Yeah, you got it, the K-Car. Everybody's favorite car of the 80's: the Plymouth Reliant "K". Drop a 351 HEMI in that bad boy, convert it to RWD, and you've got yourself a sleeper that no one else has. You could take that Insight out to f-in lunch. Pull up in your silenced '85 Reliant and let 'er rip. Shhh, I won't tell. And besides, the HEMI crate motor with Cali-Emissions would pass EZ.

RH77
Your One Stop Shop for Reliant Performance!

Come See our March Madness sale! Get a "Special-K" license plate frame, just $9.95!
Billet Aluminum Column-Shift Automatic Transmission Knobs, $12.98
The window sticker of that little Calvin guy pissing on your selection of vehicle makes -- Free!*

*With your purchase of $50.00 or more (sorry AMC is on backorder)

Conveniently Located next to the Volare/Aspen Emporium at the corner of Cordoba and Corinthian streets.

Old 03-24-2006, 01:31 AM   #13
Registered Member

Re: Back to Direct Injection

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
OK, yes, Direct Injection is the way of the future. Here are cars off the top of my head that have it:

* MazdaSpeed 6: 2.3L DISI
* Various Audis: (guessing) A4, A5; 2.0L Direct Injection
* Various V-dubs (representing Deutchland): Variant of the Audi/VW 2-Litre (Golf) and maybe the new Passat -- just lookup these brands for confirmation.

RH77
Are all of those cars diesel? because on diesel it's a standard feature. the lexus is a gasolene motor, they are just copying some of the diesel technology.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:00 AM   #14
*shrug*

My friend has a reliant and

My friend has a reliant and one day she took a corner and the door flew open and she still can't get it closed.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:01 AM   #15
Driving on E

Re: Quote:How is that for a 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
3. Pistons $500, rods $600, ecu $600, cams $600, not to mention the 2k+ to get that all installed and tuned.

That's $4300 and I would have a high 14 second car that can't pass smog.
I'm not doubting your prices because I don't buy Nissan stuff, but why is everything so expensive? a set of NEW pistons on a honda cost around $200, and that might be with rods. You can get a used ECU for $100. Either you're exaggerating or you're getting ripped off.

Yet another reason to get a HOnda.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:02 AM   #16
Driving on E

Re: My friend has a reliant and

Quote:
My friend has a reliant and one day she took a corner and the door flew open and she still can't get it closed.
Wow... that car isn't very reliant, now is it?
Old 03-24-2006, 08:19 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Quote:
Wow... that car isn't very reliant, now is it?
Seriously, this was before Lee Iacoca saved Chrysler with the "Minivan", and they were near going bankrupt. The US Gov't bailed them out, but they produced some very low quality cars, including many of the 80hp 2.2L Reliants.

RH77
Old 03-24-2006, 08:43 AM   #18
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
Seriously, this was before Lee Iacoca saved Chrysler with the "Minivan", and they were near going bankrupt. The US Gov't bailed them out, but they produced some very low quality cars, including many of the 80hp 2.2L Reliants.

RH77
I know this is more of a political discussion, but I'll mention it anyway. Why does the gov't continue to "bail out" companies? if Chrysler makes a crappy product then it should close. Some say it's about jobs, but the last I checked Honda-America was making cars inside America too.

My first car was a 89 Dodge Ram 50. It was a small little truck. American made, or so i thought. AS soon as you open the hood there was a nice little sticker that said, "Mitsubishi" on it. Yep, my "American" car was made in Japan.

Anyway, I say let the companies fail if they cannot offer a good product. It just gives room for more innovation from competition.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:36 AM   #19
Registered Member

Re: Quote:How is that for a 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
3. Pistons $500, rods $600, ecu $600, cams $600, not to mention the 2k+ to get that all installed and tuned.

That's $4300 and I would have a high 14 second car that can't pass smog.
I'm not doubting your prices because I don't buy Nissan stuff, but why is everything so expensive? a set of NEW pistons on a honda cost around $200, and that might be with rods. You can get a used ECU for $100. Either you're exaggerating or you're getting ripped off.

Yet another reason to get a HOnda.
Because I drive a KA24DE motor. Most 240sx guys just junk it and put in a SR motor. There is only a handful of boosted altimas but only like 3-6 are fully built, that is why. I can tell you right now that there are more hondas built. There is just more demand for honda parts that's why the prices are so low. If I'd want to buy a header for my car I'd have to order it first and then it will get made because rarely somebody buys performance stuff for an altima.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:08 PM   #20
*shrug*

Quote:There is just more

Quote:
There is just more demand for honda parts that's why the prices are so low.
This seems counter intuitive to me.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote