New CX-30 first fill - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2021, 03:35 AM   #11
Registered Member

Ah well, now your mileage has decreased by 90% even if you only got 20 MPG, you're still better off.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:33 AM   #12
Registered Member

Without a doubt. I was averaging £208/month ($282) for petrol then last month I spent £46 and that should last two possibly three months.

Old 10-07-2021, 10:50 AM   #13
LDB
Registered Member

I'll have my car 8 weeks on Saturday. I'm at 467 miles now and will probably be about 475 when we get home from shopping Saturday so right at 60 miles a week. Before the pandemic I probably averaged about 90 or so miles a week, partly from once every 6 weeks or so driving 80-90 miles round trip to meet family for lunch and partly just doing a few more things. Anyway, I'm currently using ~2.25 gallons per week and we are about $2.799 now. So I guess $6.25 a week give or take. I liked it better at $3.25 a week plus mean tweets and I anticipate it going up still. When I'm finally able to go meet my family again it will likely cost me about $10 a week average. The price we pay for no mean tweets.

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 12:44 PM   #14
Registered Member

Can you explain "no mean tweets"? Not an expression used in the UK.
Old 10-07-2021, 06:37 PM   #15
LDB
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JockoT View Post
Can you explain "no mean tweets"? Not an expression used in the UK.
Trump was often cited as making mean tweets. It's a reference to the left who now control and are ruining everything but not making mean tweets. Some of us would rather have the best economy in history, lowest unemployment, reasonable gas prices (I know, that's a comparative thing and we still have that compared to our friends across the pond and around the world) and all the other things that were better even if it means enduring mean tweets.

Old 10-08-2021, 07:59 AM   #16
Registered Member

Thanks. Now I understand.
Old 10-09-2021, 12:11 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
Some of us would rather have the best economy in history, lowest unemployment, reasonable gas prices
Along with a gun violence epidemic, the highest prison population of any developed country and still no free health service. Still a long way to go.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 06:27 AM   #18
LDB
Registered Member

There is no such thing as free. Those who actually produce pay for everyone. And violence of any kind is a societal problem due in part to inadequate consequences to the offender.

Old 10-17-2021, 07:29 AM   #19
Registered Member

The pandemic slowed down the economy everywhere. Who tweeted what would not change that. Then the pandemic, and people's reaction to it, had a lot of workers realize their job wasn't worth what they were being paid. The unemployment rate has been steadily dropping over the past few months, and the economy is starting to pick up.

As for gas prices, they were steadily increasing under Trump. Then there was a price crash that may have been in response to the COVID shutdowns. Which did recover to previous levels, but steadily declined during those shut downs.
https://www.gasbuddy.com/charts

Macroeconomics can explain that has simply a demand issue. People stopped driving everywhere as they sat at home. This also explains why prices climbed once people started driving around again.

Petroleum is a global commodity. Demand increases elsewhere will impact the price here. A big one is the natural gas shortages in Europe. Industries there are switching to fuel oil because of it.

Then the fracking production is down from its peak. This is because the investors want to see returns on the money they spent, and the continual expansion investment fracking needs to keep production numbers has stopped. I think those with the money have come to realize fracking is not sustainable at a high pace or long term. Of course, this means OPEC+ has more sway on oil's price.
https://fortune.com/2021/10/13/gas-p...rice-jump-oil/

On top of that, there was the fall out from Ida and other hurricanes. Precautionary shut downs and damage had an impact through out the Gulf region of petroleum drilling and refining. A month ago, almost 25% of that capacity was still offline, and it still isn't at 100%.
https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/m...s-ida-nicholas
https://www.wtok.com/2021/09/23/oil-...stranded-fuel/

These are things beyond any President's control. They could call for an end to shutdowns, which may or may not result in other economic slowdown effects. They wouldn't change the shut downs over seas, which will slow down our economy, since it is all connected.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 05:25 AM   #20
Registered Member

Well, I'm compelled to note that under the present US administration, major oil pipelines have been shut down or cancelled, federal lands are being put off-limits to oil and gas, and innumerous other impediments have been or currently are being put in place to discourage and prevent energy production.

Indeed, in just a few months, the new policies have managed to turn the US from an energy independent country to a country begging the Saudis and other oil produces to step up production because US voters are beginning to notice.