Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2007, 03:20 PM   #31
XFi
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skale7 View Post
My dad was thinking about trading his Mercedes for a small car. How is it as a regular driver (not necessarily for FE). Are the seats comfortable, any issues, etc? Is the car itself solid?

One more thing, is driving without side mirrors a problem? I would think the blind spots would become enormous.

-Sameer

The only complaints that I may have are...shifter is notchy (but already don't even notice it), Door Panels scratch easily and the lack of cruise control. The fit and finish (besides the door panels) is excellent! No rattles/squeaks etc. Very quiet all around. I was very impressed (obviously, I bought it ), but it is not a Mercedes by any means. As previously mentioned, I do wish it ran with a lower RPM at highway speeds. Overall, I highly recommend the vehicle for a commuter.

I purchased a small convex mirror for inside the window on the drivers side. Hopefully that will take care of my blind spot on the left side. I am already use to the lack of miiror on the passenger side (the Xtiva didn't have one), so that shouldn't be too much of an issue. If I don't see any MPG improvements at speed, they will go back on. I assume I will get something because they are HUGE!

Join us for the November 22, 2008 Pennsylvania Meet at Cabela's!
https://www.gassavers.org/showthread....634#post121634
XFi is offline   Reply With Quote