new to FE.. canadian eh? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-16-2008, 12:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

new to FE.. canadian eh?

Alright. Hello everyone.

I just sold my sweet sweet Tran Am w/ the LS1 engine ( 22mpg hwy ) and now I giving up my horsepower addiction and im looking to get MPG.

Living in Canada I have run into a problem. My options for FE vehicles seems very hampered.

1.) There are very few VX's around. I guess that's true everywhere.

2.) The honda HX was never even made for the Canadian market. Why the hell not? ( I am currently seeing about importing one - i.e IF i am even allowed )

The only vehicle I can find is the metro. Nice car - but I want MORE car

Please feel free to fill me in on good, cheaper MPG cars. And which to avoid.

ghostintheshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:30 PM   #2
Registered Member

VW Jetta TDI, a few years old (not the new, lard-assed ones). They're unreliable electrically but get good FE. Be prepared to de-coke the EGR valve once every couple of years though.

1966 Peugeot 404 Coupe Injection
Mike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:43 AM   #3
Registered Member

I'm freshly out of the V8 scene as well...but you and I are already sworn enemies! ...as I've always rocked out with the 5.0 Mustangs...lol
BTW tho...I had two stockish '87 5.0's of which one got 32mpg/hwy and the other I achieved 34mpg/hwy...they both had Weld Draglites tho. Which are insanely lighter than stock. 3 1/2" wide fronts, 10" rear.
A fresh tune...very light on the throttle(held the foot steady and let the hill dictate the speed)....
But mostly 'city' driving...even as light as possible...my best was 20mpg.
However...average it out and those are a hell of a car considering the fun pedal on tap and averaging over 20mpg overall!

LOL...anyways Ghost...I'm also looking into an efficient commuter and also started out by looking into the Swift/Metro/Firefly/Sprint...but now have my sights set on the S1/SW1 Saturns. To the general public...I think these are the FE 'sleepers' of the whole pack. Honda pricing is always a little high and I think it's only the very base model 2dr Civic that competes in the this FE arena anyways???
GasSavers_Loopie is offline   Reply With Quote