Obama: 'Inflate your tires' - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2008, 04:55 AM   #21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
Best safety car in the world would have a row of 6 inch spikes on the dashboard, gas tank outside the frame, hard, thin tires, and a bottle of nitro-glycerine at every corner.
I think I just found a new sig line!

Jim T.

Ignorance is lack of knowing; stupidity is false logic
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:28 AM   #22
Registered Member

I sell new Dodge Chryslers and Jeeps. We bought a Nitrogen machine and put nitrogen in every new car we sell because of the tpms. Most cars have a warning lamp on the dash. Some of the higher end vehicles have individual pressure read outs in the vehicle information center. We bought the machine because customers were constantly coming in with the light going on and we were spending our days adding air to customers tires. Hasn't been much of a problem since we started doing nitrogen.

Greyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:50 AM   #23
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
ABS has worked great for me and I wouldn't want to drive in snowy conditions without it. I never did acquire the reflex to pump the brake. Stability control, OTOH...I'm not interested.

I've never seen stability control that can't be turned off, but I hope no car I buy turns off ABS at the same time. If I want them both off I'll just pull the appropriate fuse or disconnect the ABS sensors..
Same here. ABS has been great in the Best. In snow/rain/ice this thing can't be beat! Its so good that I don't even consider taking the Buick out if there is even the slightest possibility of snow/rain/ice being encountered on my trip. You still have to think about the other people who are out on the roads with less capable vehicles and driving skills though. That's what I'm scared of... The other drivers.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote