Official Thread for posting daily FE updates - Page 106 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2006, 11:29 AM   #1051
FE nut

I just entered the first tank for my new ride. I got anxious to see how close the SG was calibrated so I filled up this morning. SG was reading 48.1 mpg. My calculated numbers were a bit better. I traveled 285.4 miles and used 5.533 gallons for 51.58 mpg. This puts me in 1st place(for now) for the top ten over EPA list at 66.3% over.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 12:32 PM   #1052
Registered Member

nice work larry, burn up that ladder! i'm struggling to make top 10 but you got the bigger piece of the pie for now

my last tank was 530 miles for 10.9 gallons ... 48 mpg.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:43 PM   #1053
FE nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmcneal
nice work larry, burn up that ladder! i'm struggling to make top 10 but you got the bigger piece of the pie for now

my last tank was 530 miles for 10.9 gallons ... 48 mpg.
Nice work Phil! In the FE game numbers are all relative. The important thing is that the numbers go up. If they're not going up, there is no improvement.
The way I look at it is, if I can do it, I can share with others and they then have the same chance as I do to do the same thing. As I've said before and will continue to say, "When one person wins in the FE game, we ALL win." I also believe that can be on so many different levels too.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 09-30-2006, 12:53 PM   #1054
Registered Member

Good job Larry. The good news is that the first is usually the lowest tank so as you figure it out the better you will get. Your gonna be tough to catch. You might be on top awhile. Now to work your way into the top five overall.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:36 PM   #1055
FE nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto
Good job Larry. The good news is that the first is usually the lowest tank so as you figure it out the better you will get. Your gonna be tough to catch. You might be on top awhile. Now to work your way into the top five overall.
Hmm, maybe I may even take a visit to basjoos land. Not likely though. If I'm not mistaken, winter "crapoline" goes on sale starting tomorrow in our area. :-(

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 10-02-2006, 01:34 PM   #1056
FE nut

I had a pretty good day considering I'm still learning the car's quirks. I got 36.9 for the drive into the wife's work. The reason for the lower numbers in the morning is that I don't FAS since it's only a 5.8 mile trip and I want the car to warm up. From there to my work, I got 53.0. This afternoon with some warmer temps in the high 60's, I managed a 62.8 back to the wife's work and, from there to home, I got 50.6. I hooked up my injector kill switch and went on a test run to see how it worked and got some good results. On my way home on the test loop, the switch had a minor malfunction and the car wouldn't re-start after an FAS. A quick look under the hood and the problem was solved. I ended up with an extra dead stop that I normally don't have and managed a 67.0 by the time I got home and turned around. So far, this is a best for this car.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 10-03-2006, 11:25 AM   #1057
FE nut

Today has been pretty good so far. The trip into my wife's work was 32.8. From there to my work was 53.9. This afternoon, the trip back to pick up my wife was 65.6 and from there to home was 49.9. I had to go pick up my daughter at school tonight and managed a 56.4. The trip back home from there was a new record. It came in at 74.0 mpg.:woot: I think my numbers are going to be better from now on because I installed my injector kill switch last night. I was losing ~1/10 mile per FAS using the key and waiting for the engine to die/come to a complete stop so I could turn the key back on. Now, I lose nothing on an FAS. At any rate my tank mileage should go up.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 10-03-2006, 11:40 AM   #1058
Registered Member

Since the synthetic oil and Scangauge install a few days ago, my best commute has been 4.1 l/100km or about 57mpg.
I can't wait to see what the tank average is
Old 10-03-2006, 02:07 PM   #1059
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Gassed up today and used the slow pump method - man that takes a long time - ScanGauge said I used 10.7 gallons tank was full at 10.4 gallons and that was clicking it for the last 0.4 gallons . . . will see if this results in higher MPG - unfortunately it was later afternoon on a sunny day so I got HOT gas. Lots of local city driving on this tank but still managed 452 miles = 43.46mpg average.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:10 PM   #1060
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry
Today has been pretty good so far. The trip into my wife's work was 32.8. From there to my work was 53.9. This afternoon, the trip back to pick up my wife was 65.6 and from there to home was 49.9. I had to go pick up my daughter at school tonight and managed a 56.4. The trip back home from there was a new record. It came in at 74.0 mpg.:woot: I think my numbers are going to be better from now on because I installed my injector kill switch last night. I was losing ~1/10 mile per FAS using the key and waiting for the engine to die/come to a complete stop so I could turn the key back on. Now, I lose nothing on an FAS. At any rate my tank mileage should go up.
Do you have a DIY for the injector kill switch? I need one of those too. Was it hard to install?

https://www.cardomain.com/ride/2452824

GasSavers_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote