Official Thread for posting daily FE updates - Page 57 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2006, 05:55 AM   #561
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Ya need compression release and the you keep the engine in gear to spin the compressor. Actually eCycle makes an adapter for connecting the AC compressor to an electric motor so you can run it with the engine off. Actually you want to run the AC under load so you don't loose so much gas and then when the engine is off or you are coasting then you switch off the AC.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 06:01 AM   #562
*shrug*

Honda's can do an a/c shutoff switch based on rpm or tps signal through a bit of ecu modification, but I dunno of any other way,

I'd hook it up but I never use a/c so I'm trying to think of something clever to do with my a/c shut,

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:26 AM   #563
Registered Member

Thanks for all the great ideas but, I'm just going to settle for 40 MPG till the weather cools off. I like my A/C thats why I sold my XFi and kept this car. To me it is worth the cost.
GeoMetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:02 AM   #564
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto
Has anyone though of a way of hooking a vaccum switch to turn the AC off when under load and on while cruising or coasting?
That's a pretty easy modification. A guy on insightcentral did that very thing. I was going to replicate it a while ago but I totally forgot until right now.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:45 AM   #565
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to mtbiker278
I took a trip to Annapolis this past weekend to go visit some college friends, a little bit of driving around town, and then back home. All told it was 298.x miles on about 7 gallons of gas. That's puts me at around 42 mpg. I left off the tubing connecting the resonator chamber just to see if there was any noticable difference. So far I have found none for highway driving, which is probably the only good indicator of my actual fuel economy.

Since starting my new job I don't drive highway as much anymore. Typically I've been getting around 30-33mpg during the work week. However, overall I'm been driving less due to the shorter distance. Eventually I'll have to sit down and figure out how much this is saving me in the long run.
mtbiker278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:00 AM   #566
*shrug*

Trade it in for a stick shift, you know you want to!
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #567
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to mtbiker278
Well I would but there's a couple issues.

1) I already put 10k miles on it, and it's still going up (Note: I bought it in Feb.)

2) the front bumper has a scrape on the passenger side, but it's only visible if you get on your hand and knees.

Forgetting about the scrape, 10k on a brand new car in less that 6 months is not going to do a whole lot of good in terms of trade in value. A new EX with a manual would go for around 18k plus change. I still owe 11k on this car, with a trade in value of maybe 16k-17k.

It just doesn't reallly add up at this point. Maybe I'll trade for a used on once they start showing up.
mtbiker278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:59 PM   #568
Registered Member

Did a short trip today - first time driving the Flea in over 3 weeks. 75 MPG round trip. That bites! I'm out of practice.

At least it started right up after sitting all that time. This is the first car I've owned that would do that without a hiccup.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:28 PM   #569
Registered Member

First over 40 MPG fillup. Just barely at 40.06. Mostly highway which I think set me back a bit. We'll see how next fillup goes when I'm back to my normal driving routine.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 07:13 AM   #570
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Well now that the Womens PGA is over I can resume my trip around Ocean Drive - 51.2mpg last night - its been a zoo around here lately.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote