Official Thread for posting daily FE updates - Page 58 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-04-2006, 07:31 AM   #571
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
Did a short trip today - first time driving the Flea in over 3 weeks. 75 MPG round trip. That bites! I'm out of practice.
Welcome back! You just have to get your land-legs back is all.

Old 07-05-2006, 12:38 PM   #572
Registered Member

Another record thanks to soaring temperatures!

20?C/68?F temperature average

55.19 mpg

That gets my average out of the negative percentage!

Old 07-05-2006, 01:08 PM   #573
Registered Member

Well, I filled up yesterday and it came out to 39.68mpg.

That's the best I've ever gotten in this car, but a little short of my goal of 40mpg for the tank.

I wish I could get feedback more often, maybe I'll start filling up more often. As it is I usually fill up and drive it all the way down to the E, which takes almost two weeks (way to long to wait!!).

How much do those SuperMid things cost? Just out of curiosity!
LincolnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:12 PM   #574
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95metro
Another record thanks to soaring temperatures!

20?C/68?F temperature average

55.19 mpg

That gets my average out of the negative percentage!
Great job. 68 is average. Wow that cool. You would really be soaring here with temps in the mid to high 90's. You get the super duper Condensor yet
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:27 PM   #575
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90CivicStandard
How much do those SuperMid things cost? Just out of curiosity!
I shouldn't quote prices since I haven't ordered mine yet, but I think krousdb and SVOboy paid $160 USD shipped...or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto
Great job. 68 is average. Wow that cool. You would really be soaring here with temps in the mid to high 90's. You get the super duper Condensor yet
Yup, 68 is the average since June 20 to today. The hottest day all year is today at 88?F. Too hot for my liking - especially since I'm not allowed to wear shorts to work...

I haven't actually asked Condisales to ship a Condensator yet. I'm still battling with the ethics of being the Metro monkey-boy for a product I have severe doubts about.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:56 PM   #576
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95metro
I shouldn't quote prices since I haven't ordered mine yet, but I think krousdb and SVOboy paid $160 USD shipped...or something like that.

Yup, 68 is the average since June 20 to today. The hottest day all year is today at 88?F. Too hot for my liking - especially since I'm not allowed to wear shorts to work...

I haven't actually asked Condisales to ship a Condensator yet. I'm still battling with the ethics of being the Metro monkey-boy for a product I have severe doubts about.
Well you're not on his payroll if he wants to give you one to test then test it and just report the findings good or bad. I don't see the ethical delima. If it works great he can add you to the list if not send it back. Because of your imput you might save someone 150 bucks that visits the site. It would also test it on a car that is newer then 1990. Seem like so many of the fuel saving devices are on old technology that just do not work on the new and electronicly improved cars.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:05 PM   #577
Registered Member

Yeah, you're right. I'm probably just being anal about it. What he wants in return is a method of installing it correctly on the 3-cylinder G10 engine. He says the PCV system is a bit of a mystery. I don't know why.

He will not use my report(s) on their website(s) since I am getting a free unit (though if I sung praises I'm certain they would).

I guess no matter what I can make a report here and people will find it.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:48 PM   #578
*shrug*

I think you should do it mark, it's not like he's asking you to test a magnum's effectiveness on your family.

Anyway, I paid 160 shipped for my MID, I dunno what's up with them now but you could talk to matt or yoshi about them to see what's up. It's a lot of money but I've found it invaluable and it was my "holy crap I made it through senior year without knocking myself off and got the car converted to manual" present.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:09 PM   #579
Registered Member

Okay, I went ahead and asked Condisales to send one to me. I guess I just had a hard time with it because I don't like products and/or sales methods that play upon peoples' ignorance. With the Condensator, unwitting buyers are going to believe they'll get mass increases in their FE. They'll check it once and forget about it.

I sold electronics for a few years and I hated it. You could tell people the absolute truth about a product, but they'd end up buying it from some huckster who either outright lied to them or quoted meaningless specs to dazzle them into it.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:15 PM   #580
Registered Member

Good look forward to the results. If you think about it why dont you throw a thread about it in the experiment section including any install problems. Then you'll have a reference for confirmed or busted mods.