Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2008, 03:20 PM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Roadking41a
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
Roadking41a -

What kind of car do you have? Does your car have an electric fan or a belt driven fan? If it has an electric fan, then you may be able to make a switch that turns the fan on when *you* want it to come on. In that way, you will be able to reduce your coolant temperature as you see fit.

Here in LA, we're getting record temps, so my partial grill block is making my coolant go up faster than I like.

Here is my WAI/HAI :

Everyday objects~Anyone using any for aero?
http://www.gassavers.org/showpost.ph...2&postcount=14

More Discussion :

Hot Air Intake too Hot, no good for MPG!
http://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?p=34626

If I were you, I would use the "Forums -> Search The Forums" option with these searches to see what people have posted :

HAI WAI

CarloSW2
Right now it's belt driven fan. I plan to change to a electric fan with a switch.

Roadking41a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:30 PM   #12
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking41a View Post
No I wish it did,but they came with electronic carb that the ECM controls it's a Q-jet with out any adjustments.
That's what I have on my 81 Buick. I thought GM abandoned computer controlled carbs in 1983. Maybe it was just Buick.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:09 PM   #13
Registered Member

my pics aren't great but here are some pics of my WAI that I put together. it isn't perfect but the whole thing cost me less than $10. I just took my stock air box and drilled a hole in it with a wood hole saw (2.5 inches) and put a piece of flex exhaust pipe in it heading to the header for the heat. I used aluminum tape to seal everything and to cover the existing inlet in the airbox. I later fabricated a shield to go around it all. it isn't perfect but it is what I did. I also started a thread that has been reborn here lately called "warm air intake is in" check it out too if you are interested.

crap all of my pics are too big except for one well this is the end product. you can kid of get an idea from this. there is also a pic of it without the heat shield in my garage and...you guessed it, its too big as well to put on here

*edit* here is what I did, I re-did my pics in my garage so that they are all the WAI pics that I took. they are not in order but there is one that shows where the pipe comes into the airbox and one showing where I covered the existing hole and one on the outsied showing where I taped up the pipe on the outsied of the airbox. also are the ones showing the entire picture with and without the heat shield. I will be gone for a week so these pics will be there for at least a week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT2388.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1165  

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:27 AM   #14
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
BEEF, you can put your pics on any host (tinypic, photobucket, picasaweb, flickr, etc) and embed them here using IMG tags. You can also embed garage pics and attachment pics in messages...like, for example, your attachment: