Opinion: Best Fuel Injector/Intake Cleaner - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #41
Registered Member

Don't even remember why I removed the Dakota's intake plenum but the inside had a black and greasy looking coating.

Then I remembered I had sprayed in cleaner as the engine ran.

I concluded that the oily film mattered not at all because air didn't move through it as fast at a cruise speed of 2,000 RPM as it would a 12,000 RPM racing engine.

After I cleaned it.......I got exactly the same MPG as before.

623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #42
Registered Member

Seafoam didn't do squat in my Bronco...not that it's a bad product, maybe the motor really was well taken care of and wasn't going to see a benefit from a cleaner but...it was a waste of my money.

Personally, I just use Chevron. It's the same price as everyone else's gasoline here and the Techron is one of the best cleaners out there. If I feel I need to run some cleaner through something, I use Lucas - I've heard it's easier on any gaskets it runs past on the way through.

'09 Harley Nightster - 48mpg and 1/4 miles in the 12's
jcp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #43
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Personally, I just use Chevron. It's the same price as everyone else's gasoline here and the Techron is one of the best cleaners out there. If I feel I need to run some cleaner through something, I use Lucas - I've heard it's easier on any gaskets it runs past on the way through.
i've heard techron is good as well, but there are no longer any chevrons or texacos near me.

lucas says on the container that it's an upper cylinder lube, so that makes sense. i just use a more cost effective means: a couple ounces of 2 stroke (ashless)motor oil.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:26 PM   #44
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Techron fuel treatment can be bought at WalMart and auto parts stores.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #45
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Techron fuel treatment can be bought at WalMart and auto parts stores.
absolutely. i just liked getting it for "free", already in the gas. i'm not convinced fuel cleaners are cost effective, so i've been experimenting w/ making my own.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #46
Registered Member

If you want to make sure your fuel injectors are cleaned. Remove them and send them to fuel injector cleaning company that flows them.

I used Arizona TPI. I do not work for them, but I have sent my injectors to them for two of my vehicles. They will also send you a print out of the before and after results.

I'm from Az, so turn around time was about a week. I do not remember how much it cost, I think it was around $60.00. (The cheapest I could find on the internet, plus I've heard good things about the company.)

Good Luck,
Ryan
kozaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #47
Registered Member

my local Advance Auto Parts has sea foam on sale for $6.99, down from its reg price of $9.99. check your local store if interested.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:03 PM   #48
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Same here. Must be chain-wide.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:20 AM   #49

Ditto in Indiana.

Chain wide, then.
Wyldesoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:14 AM   #50
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozaz View Post
If you want to make sure your fuel injectors are cleaned. Remove them and send them to fuel injector cleaning company that flows them.

I used Arizona TPI. I do not work for them, but I have sent my injectors to them for two of my vehicles. They will also send you a print out of the before and after results.

I'm from Az, so turn around time was about a week. I do not remember how much it cost, I think it was around $60.00. (The cheapest I could find on the internet, plus I've heard good things about the company.)

Good Luck,
Ryan
I did not have to replace injectors on my Dakota. Went 623,000 miles on them. Used Costco gas.

I had to replace all four injectors on my Volvo. Used Arco gas.

623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote