She who gets the last laugh laughs best! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-23-2015, 05:26 AM   #1
Registered Member

She who gets the last laugh laughs best!

On a sparkling sunny day, I was driving my British Racing Green, Miata with the top down up the steep portion of a delightful, twisty, mountain highway. Mindful of my MPG game, my speed was conservative. Suddenly, a Tesla shot past me and quickly disappeared around the next bend. I could almost hear him say, "See ya, Slow Poke!"

After peaking the mountain, the downslope side of that mountain highway turned gravity into my playful friend. Any excessive speed wouldn't penalize my MPG. During my fun, I shot past a blonde in a convertible Benz. She could almost hear me say, "See ya, Slow Poke!"

About 25 minutes later, When I finally pulled off the freeway, a dozen city blocks into town I pulled up behind that same Tesla that had previously shot past me. I had a good laugh on him.

But soon afterwards, the blonde in the convertible Benz pulled up behind me. She got the last laugh on both of us.

MORAL OF THE STORY: What's your rush? There will always be traffic ahead of you that will slow you down anyways. Practically speaking, excessive speed doesn't really get you there any faster. That perception is ONLY in your head. Would you agree?

ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:11 AM   #2
Registered Member

Have to agree with you there, I stick to the limits and always have people speed to overtake me, usually in a German car it has to be said. They risk thier lives and licenses to get to where they're going sooner, and yet 95% of the time, I will catch up with them regardless anyway and get to the same place in the same time. Slow and steady wins the race as they say, better to keep a consistent speed than speed up, slow down, speed up, slow down.

On the other side of the argument, I used to sometimes overtake just for the fun and thrill of flooring the throttle, makes a nice engine roar and making my race exhaust backfire loudly, so overtaking is for fun too, not just to make progress

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:53 AM   #3
Registered Member

Plot Twist:
The Blonde was a cop.

Makes me wonder if the Tesla actually completed his errands prior to you "catching up" with him 25 minutes later.

Side thought- Any pics of the blonde??
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:04 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Plot Twist:
The Blonde was a cop.

Makes me wonder if the Tesla actually completed his errands prior to you "catching up" with him 25 minutes later.

Side thought- Any pics of the blonde??
OUCH!

No pictures. From what I heard, she's probably getting too old for you. Probably about 25y/o.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:27 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
On the other side of the argument, I used to sometimes overtake just for the fun and thrill of flooring the throttle, makes a nice engine roar and making my race exhaust backfire loudly, so overtaking is for fun too, not just to make progress
Thank you for your admission of guilt. After setting up this elaborate, phony website, it took this police department years to trick you into a confession. We were beginning to doubt if this would ever work. BTW, everyone on here, but you, is a constable. None of the people are real.

Now, drive yourself to the nearest police station. We will go easier on you if you turn yourself in voluntarily. I will notify the front desk to not beat you, if you appear within 3 hours. Just be glad you're not turning yourself in at an American police station.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:13 PM   #6
Registered Member

Damn busted! You can't be that good, if you'd have discovered my YouTube channel, you would have video evidence to go with your confession of me having so called "fun" on the empty rural country back roads of Wales!

I guess most, but not all, grow out of that style of driving eventually.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:23 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
Damn busted! You can't be that good, if you'd have discovered my YouTube channel, you would have video evidence to go with your confession of me having so called "fun" on the empty rural country back roads of Wales!

I guess most, but not all, grow out of that style of driving eventually.
Frankly, "Carlos the Jackal" was a lot easier to bring down than YOU! While Scotland Yard can recover from making many mistakes, you can NOT make one misstep.

What's your YouTube channel?
Old 08-23-2015, 08:58 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewChewTrain View Post
OUCH!

No pictures. From what I heard, she's probably getting too old for you. Probably about 25y/o.
Getting too old for me? At 25 years old...Whhhaaa?

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote