*sigh* I tried - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-01-2007, 06:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete86 View Post
110 in a 45. At that point, my parents took the car, sold it, and then I went without a car from 2002 until 2006.
At the time I was working two jobs and sinking all of my money into the car. Now I don't want to spend any money on a car and try very hard to not work. It's amazing how quickly puberty stops and with the hormones go the stupidity.
I like this attitude ^ right here . I've btdt - out of 1095 days I had a DL for exactly 93 of them .Yes the last line is correct!You pick your priorities and move on .

MnFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:58 PM   #12
DRW
Registered Member

All this talk about hot rods with good FE makes me want to introduce my car all over again.

best 1/4 mile time last October 13.1 @ 112mph, best FE 45.4mpg, same car, same tires, same mods, but not on the same tank

I've mentioned my car's FE on DSMTuners.com a few times and gotten positive replies, but I also haven't put my car up front in a main page thread either. They're generally open, curious, and mature over there. I've tried browsing some Honda forums too but I can't handle the stupid arguments. My apologies if I stepped on anyones toes.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:03 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRW View Post
All this talk about hot rods with good FE makes me want to introduce my car all over again.

but I can't handle the stupid arguments.

My apologies if I stepped on anyones toes.
Glad you did !

I don't care for pissing matches either .

My toes aren't rumpled ! This is exactly the type I was talking about - now if it can be done Green ..thats my goal .

Clench ??*gasp* you've been banned?
Old 06-02-2007, 04:26 AM   #14
Registered Member

I can't view anyone's private messages except my own. Maybe the owner can though.

(edit: forum/site owner... head honcho... you know what I mean)
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:57 AM   #15
Registered Member

Different forums, different rules. The high performance truck forum I normally post to has no such problems. I get razzed a little for being interested in fuel economy as well as quarter mile times, but that's about it. There is another high "performance" truck board that a lot of the folks on my board are also a member of, where you can get banned at the drop of a hat for making a bad remark about frame dragging. They talk about going fast, but if you aren't into low riders they'll run you off. I dropped my membership with them after they banned another member, when he advised them that high performance meant quarter mile times, not how long a spark trail you can leave.

Some of them people are nuts, they will actually drag their truck until the frame collapses!
Telco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 06:55 AM   #16
Registered Member

some people like to take their "power" on the internet a little to serious. it goes to their head like a dictator.
boofighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:20 PM   #17
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
Hard to believe ain't it?

Actually there is no way anything I said in the forums merited banning, or even a stern reproachment. All I can figure is, a mod read a private message of mine to another user. Mods can do that right? Prior to being banned I wouldn't have thought so.
I can tell you this... for a savvy site owner, reading private messages is possible. It usually involves installing extra software, and a high dose of paranoia on top of that.

here on gassavers I don't read private messages. I just don't care. I think it's petty to do so.

I'm certain that in certain occasions (fights, legal issues, etc.) it can become necessary... but I don't see that really being a problem here.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion View Post

... for a savvy site owner, reading private messages is possible.
True

It usually involves installing extra software,
or just know BBC code
and a high dose of paranoia on top of that.
Again True!

here on gassavers I don't read private messages. I just don't care. I think it's petty to do so.
An attitude like this wins more respect - more board admins should learn this .

I'm certain that in certain occasions (fights, legal issues, etc.) it can become necessary... but I don't see that really being a problem here.
I agree. There does come a time when you just gotta do what ya gotta do.