So today I had to Remove my WAI - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #1
Banned

So today I had to Remove my WAI

I think this Mod in particular is suited better for automatics than standards in city driving. taking off in 1st gear can get tricky when there is less torque/ per unit of clutch pedal height... yes I went and said it, Basically Cheapy bob was trying to find a cold/warm air switching mechanism and I understand why moreso even now.
Now that the amount of city driving im doing/traffic im sitting in has increased alot as opposed to mostly highway before for the last 6 months, I'm finding this my new method that works right now...

spotaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:13 AM   #2
Site Team / Moderator

That's why that mod works for some, and doesn't work for others. It all depends on the vehicle, how its driven, and the type of driving that's normally done with that vehicle. WAI does work best with highway driving, because not much power is needed to maintain cruising speed.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:27 AM   #3
Registered Member

I've got a thermal air control valve sitting in the garage that came off a 2.5 TBI minivan, trying to figure how to use it on either Wile-E or Marvin to good effect.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:51 AM   #4
Registered Member

I just put a new engineered WAI on the Focus and the heat has made its idle real smooth and the torque band that used to be jumpy at take off to 2000 rpm to 3000 rpm has gotten real smooth, almost buttery. The last 2 tanks were cash avaialable tanks, so when I get paid this Friday I can do a fill up and get some numbers, but so far the engine is running beautifully with the new WAI.
GasSavers_Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
Banned

i have a bad clutch, rpms flaked out today errr..

im sure this is partially due to 1st gear takeoffs with the wai on(stumble bumble...) and also my beating the car up a little.. also dont trust the mechanic I bought it from who probably installed it incorrectly...
Old 10-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
Banned

science, no wait... TECHNOLOGY!
Old 10-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
I've got a thermal air control valve sitting in the garage that came off a 2.5 TBI minivan, trying to figure how to use it on either Wile-E or Marvin to good effect.
IN REGARDS TO THIS
Old 10-01-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
Banned

Although Ive Been Lowballing It Alot With Regards To Rpms And Shifting And I Think This Is Also Another Reason Why Im Having Problems, My Mechanic Was Telling Me To Use Higher Rpms...

Lesson Number Two: Dont Try To Lowball It ToO MUCH TO Save Gas
Old 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM   #9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
I just put a new engineered WAI on the Focus and the heat has made its idle real smooth and the torque band that used to be jumpy at take off to 2000 rpm to 3000 rpm has gotten real smooth, almost buttery. The last 2 tanks were cash avaialable tanks, so when I get paid this Friday I can do a fill up and get some numbers, but so far the engine is running beautifully with the new WAI.
yea I noticed the wai does make your car run a little bit smoother,

new LUK clutch kit for me
Old 10-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #10
Banned

bad pressure plate, the clutch was good, i had a high performance clutch that may have overheated the plate.. gone, back to oem, no i did not install the high performance clutch, it was a rhino, not exactly the best of high performance clutches, i was told the rhino is alot stiffer than the LUK will be and doesnt absorb as much because of the extra spring inside each spring, hence the super clunky shifting in this car which should be less now