VX Advice - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2010, 04:59 AM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Re: VX Advice

Thanks, that sounds great.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #12
Registered Member

Re: VX Advice

New 02 arrived this morning. I put about 60 miles on it. I filled the gas tank just before replacing it. I'll post another update when I've accumulated some miles.
Observations:
When I first put it in and drove a few miles to my first errand, the car got warm and seemed more sluggish than before. I forgot to pull the ECU fuse. When I pulled it for about a minute, the car does drive differently now. It seems like it's easier to hold lean burn. I can actually accelerate a little bit now. Before, I couldn't get the car up to 50 on level ground without losing lean burn. Now, it is possible. It takes a while, but at least it can be done. I haven't had it up on the highway yet, but on the 55mph roads it was easier to maintain lean burn. The shift indicator light is a good indicator of lean burn. I'm able to use more throttle open before the light shuts off (indicating lean burn is not active).
So far, the seat of the pants feels pretty promising. There is a MPGUINO under the christmas tree for me. That'll go in next week. I can then see for sure the line between lean burn and not.

It seems the $75 02 was NOT the same animal as the $200 one. Go figure.
Update to follow.
B

benfrogg is offline   Reply With Quote