Belly Pan Installation, Honda Del Sol - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-01-2006, 03:29 PM   #21
*shrug*

I'm going to hit up home

I'm going to hit up home depot tomorrow when I go looking for halogen shop lights and see what they have. Then on to autozone to turn in a job application and spend my hard earned gift card on some stuff to make a push button start for the CRX.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:50 PM   #22
Registered Member

Re: I'm going to hit up home

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
I'm going to hit up home depot tomorrow when I go looking for halogen shop lights and see what they have. Then on to autozone to turn in a job application and spend my hard earned gift card on some stuff to make a push button start for the CRX.
Oooh, ooooh! I have an industrial pushbutton, rated for AC 120V, 30A I think. It should work for your application. I will send it for free if you want it. The button is gray and 1" in diameter. Lemme know.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 04:01 PM   #23
*shrug*

I have no idea if 120V will

I have no idea if 120V will work, I think I need 12v since it'll be car powered, but I'm not sure, anyone know!!?!?!?
Old 04-01-2006, 04:09 PM   #24
Registered Member

A switch is a switch is a

A switch is a switch is a switch. Switches are rated by thier ability to extinguish an arc when the switch is opened. DC is more difficult to extinguish than AC because DC has no zero crossing like AC does. But 120V AC is 10 times the DC rating so you should have no problem. I am a mechanical engineer so I may be off base here, I know just enough abouot electricity to be dangerous. I would be happy to hear from and electrical engineer to set me straight.

Old 04-01-2006, 04:13 PM   #25
*shrug*

I talked to drdisco about

I talked to drdisco about this and he said blah blah it'll work, so w00t.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:29 PM   #26
Registered Member

Re: I visited 5 different Lowes

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
Metro says that the Canadian Home Depots carry it for $12 per 4x8 sheet. I ended up buying it at a sign making shop as it is most commonly used for making signs. Expect to pay $20 per 4x8 sheet. I bought 2 sheets and had the guy cut into 2x8 pieces, mainly so I could get them home in the Prius.
i said $12? sorry - must have been hallucinating.

i paid $19 CDN for my 4x8 sheet this week, which in a feat of creative engineering, i managed to securely attatch to the roof of the blackfly (roof racks) to get it home. got lots of stares. looked pretty funny.

(i once carried a 16 foot hobie cat hull on the roof too, but that's another story. little cars carrying big things are inherently amusing.)

well krousdb, you inspired me to get off my butt this afternoon, and i finished the hardest part of my belly pan - the front portion.

the main difference is i'm going to mock it up entirely in cardboard & duct tape first so i can do a relatively easy & accurate before/after experiment - i'll just pull the trays off on the side of the road between runs. unfortunately, this means i won't be able to do A-B-A.

look for something in the next week or 2 - just waiting for good testing weather (calm). afterwards i'll document the coroplast tray installation as well.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 04:38 PM   #27
Registered Member

Cant wait to see some pics.

Cant wait to see some pics.

There is aa old red metro in the parking lot at work. Every once in awhile I go over and stare ate it thinking, I could kick some A** in that. I get some wierd looks, yes.

Old 04-02-2006, 04:49 AM   #28
Registered Member

Krousdb, how are you

Krousdb, how are you handling engine cooling now that you have both the grill blocked so no air can enter from the front and the Coroplast sheet covering up the openings at the bottom of the engine compartment so no air can waft up from below? How is the air getting moved across your radiator and the heat removed from your engine compartment?
Old 04-02-2006, 05:06 AM   #29
Registered Member

Re: Krousdb, how are you

Quote:
Originally Posted by basjoos
Krousdb, how are you handling engine cooling now that you have both the grill blocked so no air can enter from the front and the Coroplast sheet covering up the openings at the bottom of the engine compartment so no air can waft up from below? How is the air getting moved across your radiator and the heat removed from your engine compartment?
Actually, I'm not doing anything special except for monitoring the temp gauge. With the 192F thermostat, grille block and belly pan, the engine gets to operating temp much quicker. But there is no change in max temp on my gauge. As it gets warmer outside that may change and I am prepared to alter the grille block on the passenger side to provide air to the radiator. There is plenty of room for hot air to flow out of the engine compartment around the exhaust pipe where I left clearance so the corolpast won't melt.

Old 04-02-2006, 08:57 AM   #30
Registered Member

a couple of questions... 1.

a couple of questions...

1. If coroplast touches the exaust components will it melt?

2. Does Coroplast rip easy?

3. Does it bend easy?

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote