Belly Pan Installation, Honda Del Sol - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-05-2006, 02:00 PM   #51
Registered Member

Re: COROPLAST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroXFi
Finally, found some coroplast in my area! Lowes and HomeDepot were not a help. Exhausted hardware stores and office supply stores (small pieces only). Resorted to sign shops and one turned me on to his supplier. Can't pick it up today because they are only open until 4pm, but called and they quoted me UNDER $10 for a 4x8 sheet! I hope they are not reading it wrong, but if anyone needs cheap coroplast in the Quakertown, PA area...I found the place
I paid $20/sheet. It was worth it though. I just picked up another sheet yesterday. It is so easy to work with I plan on replacing my rear interior with carpet covered cloroplast. Also will slide coroplast panels underneath my carpet for further soundproofing. More on the new interior later......

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:01 PM   #52
Registered Member

Re: Ya rly, I love your daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Ya rly, I love your daily updates, you're da mang, yo, diggy.
Well yesterday was cold and my RT ave was 57.5 which dropped my tank dangerously close to 60MPG. This morning started out with good potential but I managed to hit every red light but one. I ended up with 59.5 on the way to work.

The problem with my route is variability with all of the lights. Even when I hit most of them, there are a few that are at the bottom of steep hills that kill FE because I had to lose all of my momentum to the brakes. Because of that, measuring changes in FE due to mods is not as conclusive as I would like.

So I have begun to consider alternate routes again, this time not to maximize FE but to remove the variability that stop lights can cause. I tried an alternate route on the way home which removed 4 of the 14 stop lights on my normal route. The change is in the final 8 miles of the drive. The result? 61.4 MPG, which ties my previous personal best so far for the drive home. But since the alternate route was 3 km shorter, I used less fuel, 0.401 gallons vs. 0.416.

So to recap, I found a shorter route home that yields the similar FE and, requires less fuel and has less variability. Additionally, I can also use an alternate route to cut out 4 stoplights from the drive to work. One of them is the pesky one that kills me if I miss it. I will try it tomorrow. Oh yea, I forgot to mention less wear and tear on the starter with fewer potential missed lights.

Current tank, 271 miles, 60.7 MPG.

I might fill back to 1/2 tank tonight.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:52 PM   #53
*shrug*

Yeah, I think the issue with

Yeah, I think the issue with my commute might actually be the highway. I'm running around at freaking 3k rpms, car can't like that! I will run out this tank and try again with my normal route or mehbe a modified but similar route.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 05:34 PM   #54
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
nah 3k is fine. im over

nah 3k is fine. im over 3300 for 40miles every day. it begs for more
Old 04-06-2006, 05:39 PM   #55
*shrug*

I know 3k is fine, duh! I

I know 3k is fine, duh! I just mean that compared to 1800 is not good for gas mileage.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:12 PM   #56
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
i dont know man... it is a

i dont know man... it is a honda

i know, all other variable constant, my motor get better efficiency at 2.5k than 1.5k
Old 04-06-2006, 06:14 PM   #57
*shrug*

Better efficiency, but more

Better efficiency, but more gas used.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:38 PM   #58
Driving on E

Re: Better efficiency, but more

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Better efficiency, but more gas used.
This is a trade off. While engines are more efficient at the mid to full power range, they still use more gas.

This is probably why a smaller engine is so much more efficient. Throw a 30HP water cooled engine in one of our light cars and you'd be getting really high MPG.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:49 PM   #59
Registered Member

ya it up to you to know when

ya it up to you to know when you need that power or not, even if its more efficent and you end up using more.

But for my car in a lot of circumstances, its better to accelerate with 2000 rpms on hand than from 1500 rpms. You just burn more gas trying to climb speed in higher gear rather than lower.

Yes lights are quite a burn to your mileage, everytime I stop and go I lose almost like 5 mpg, and it takes so much work just to get that 5 mpg back! BS
Old 04-19-2006, 06:46 PM   #60
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to tomauto Send a message via MSN to tomauto Send a message via Yahoo to tomauto
crazy

So it has been a couple weeks, how is your undertray holding up? Also, I was wondering where you decided to attach the chloroplast in the middle of the vehicle...

Beater: 1988 Honda Civic DX Hatback - Stripped - 30mpg

RIP: 1996 Honda Civic LX 42mpg - you will be missed

https://tomauto.smugmug.com/Cars
tomauto is offline   Reply With Quote