Ca-40g - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-06-2007, 01:57 PM   #11
Registered Member

CA-40g Works!

My 2007 Camry XLE before CA-40G, anywhere from 30 to 33mpg
My 2007 Camry XLE after CA-40G, 38 mpg average, as high as 40.2

Average driving statistics for me Mon-Fri:
40 miles one way to work @ 50 to 60 minutes drive time each way, mostly interstate where I go 65 to 67 mph with cruise control (any faster and I wind up braking constantly).

Before CA-40G I would fill up anywhere between 475 and 525 miles, every 7 to 8 days (still with @ 2 to 3 gallons left in my tank) Now it's about every 10 days. (Weekends factored in). Now I fill up between between 550 and 580.

CA-40G costs me $1.30 per fill up. (I bought the quart size) I'm getting an average of an extra 2 gallons of driving distance. A $3 per gallon my net savings is $4.70 per fill up!

If you're an agressive driver, a speeder, jack-rabbit start kind of person then I bet your results will not be as impressive as mine. However, if you drive long distances daily at a steady rate a majority of the trip - you will definitely see results.

Thus far I have not experienced any engine issues, fuel injection issues, bad starts, etceteras.

So, for all you who think it's a scam, think again! These are the cold hard facts as they pertain to my car and my driving habits.

JerryG
Coral Springs FL

JerryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:08 PM   #12
*shrug*

Interesting...but how does it actually work...it says calcium bonds with the hydrogen in the gas which makes it burn more efficiently...does that make any sense?

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:12 PM   #13
Registered Member

sometimes i wonder... if this is a mriacle stuff, why havent they been putting it in cars or marketing it a long time ago? i mean its roughly saving that one guy about $5 per fill up. sometimes i wonder if they did discover this but the oil companies paid someone off so they could make a bigger profit...cuz if a farmer magically whipped it up one day...

im not gonna go willy nilly dumping it in cuz noone knows the long term effects...

its probably upping the compression a tad since oil doesnt compress...or its sealing up worn rings causing higher compression and little to no blowby
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:14 PM   #14
Registered Member

I trust farmers, do you?

I agree, don't go nilly willy dumping it in. After all, if a bunch of farmers are using it, well 'ya know, they're farmers! Just a bunch of overweight guys in overalls, right?

Farmers who are being squeezed left and right and whose profit margins are becoming smaller and smaller (surely y'all done had some of them Chinese imported additives that Kraft and General Mills and the other big food companies are putting in your food) After all, why would a dumb ole' farmer, whose livelihood is just a wee-bit dependent on their equipment operating efficiently so they can harvest on time, trust some brownish liquid stuff that looks like it came from the rectum of an old cow, right?

And when it comes to long term effects why worry? Many Americans trade their cars in every several years anyway. And, let's not forget about those millions of lease vehicles out there - which after a few years are going to wind up, well, who knows where.,,

If you're worried about long term effects - I'd be more concerned about the air, the water or food, not some fuel additive.

By the way, I haven't seen the manufacturers promoting the product as a "miracle" of anything. They've been very modest in their projections. Maybe $5 bucks savings a fill up is a laugh for the well-to-do. With that kind of attitude it's no wonder this country doesn't give a rats butt about alternative fuels or leaving a legacy of alternative energy solutions to our children and grand-children.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:38 PM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
I agree, don't go nilly willy dumping it in. After all, if a bunch of farmers are using it, well 'ya know, they're farmers! Just a bunch of overweight guys in overalls, right?

Farmers who are being squeezed left and right and whose profit margins are becoming smaller and smaller (surely y'all done had some of them Chinese imported additives that Kraft and General Mills and the other big food companies are putting in your food) After all, why would a dumb ole' farmer, whose livelihood is just a wee-bit dependent on their equipment operating efficiently so they can harvest on time, trust some brownish liquid stuff that looks like it came from the rectum of an old cow, right?

And when it comes to long term effects why worry? Many Americans trade their cars in every several years anyway. And, let's not forget about those millions of lease vehicles out there - which after a few years are going to wind up, well, who knows where.,,

If you're worried about long term effects - I'd be more concerned about the air, the water or food, not some fuel additive.

By the way, I haven't seen the manufacturers promoting the product as a "miracle" of anything. They've been very modest in their projections. Maybe $5 bucks savings a fill up is a laugh for the well-to-do. With that kind of attitude it's no wonder this country doesn't give a rats butt about alternative fuels or leaving a legacy of alternative energy solutions to our children and grand-children.

Jerry do you sell the stuff? I was trying to look through the link and can't get any info, their links on the page are dead. Do they have any controlled test data for regular vechiles and not farm equipment?
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:24 PM   #16
Registered Member

I do not sell...

...CA-40g. I have no vested financial interest in the company. I'm just a regular consumer looking for any possible way to reduce Big Oil's grip on me!

Here is the website: [nobbcode]http://www.ca40g.com/home.php[/nobbcode]

There is an updated explanation of the manner in which this product increases mpg.

Again, I can only attest to the performance I am getting in my car based on my driving habits and the average driving conditions to which I'm subject on a weekly basis.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:27 PM   #17
Registered Member

nope, all small farm gasoline tractors to the big huge desel farm tractors...so thast what im saying its only been tested in things that dont have a variable speed (besides by the throttle lever) like hat i mean a car goes faster or slower by how fast the engine goes. a tractor can be idling and get going faster cuz of the gears and onc eits at a speed the farmer likes its staying there for several hours proably...unliek your car which can vary from idle to 5000 rpm in seconds multiple times an hour
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:49 AM   #18
Driving on E

We've tried to get people to send samples in the past. Much to our surprise, people don't want their product verified unless we pay for it.

I'd be weary of a website that has a fake news report on the front page. Perhaps we shoudl start a new website that offers fake news videos for bogus products.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:54 AM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snax View Post
Good luck on that one. We've tried that before, and it never works.

FYI, any time someone has a fake news story on their front page, you know something is wrong. Perhaps we should start a new website offering fake news stories for bogus products.
Hey Matt, I never said that!

I can't say that I disagree however.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:12 AM   #20
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snax View Post
Hey Matt, I never said that!

I can't say that I disagree however.
that's weird... this thread was acting weird this morning. Hopefully it's just a glitch.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote