Chemically modify the gasoline. - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #11
Site Team / Moderator

Arrow Re: Chemically modify the gasoline.

You can certainly understand our dilemma on the side of the forum administration. We get people signing up daily for the sole purpose of trying to get free advertising for their additives and devices, and 99% of the stuff out there does not work.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #12
Registered Member

Re: Chemically modify the gasoline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
You can certainly understand our dilemma on the side of the forum administration. We get people signing up daily for the sole purpose of trying to get free advertising for their additives and devices, and 99% of the stuff out there does not work.
"99% of the stuff out there does not work." I agree. I was aware of (some of?) these when I first started "playing" with this "smelly" gasoline ... in the early '70s of the last century! One thing led to another (I'm stubborn as hello, too) with the gas chemistry changes... I was just adding more hydrocarbon chemistry to it. No oxygen, no nitrogen, no sulphates. These guys can be bad news. Lots of "failures"; some small improvements... these weren't worth pursuing.

When I finally found a working compound, I still had to 1) find a ceiling, 2) look out for harmful effects, and 3) check for legality of this approach; catalytic converters were chemical reactors, too. EPA was watching, always watching....

When I began feeling comfortable with this change I started selling the technology package to those who responded to my ads. This was the easy part! The concept does improve gasoline mileage... by changing the torque curve's shape & amplitude. Torque is an unappreciated parameter; HP is the popular term ... but HP is torque per unit time (RPM).

At any rate, changing gasoline chemistry is like changing tires or shapes or oils. The less known about gasoline, the better the CARtel likes it.

Gasalene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #13
Registered Member

Would someone on this list volunteer to try out Gasalene's product if he were to send some test samples for free?

Because there is no way in Hell I'm going to be the guinea pig!

Gasalene, how about it?
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #14
Site Team / Moderator

My vehicle is setup so I would know almost instantly. I regularly monitor my fuel trim with my scangauge, so if my fuel trim instantly goes south, I know it doesn't work. Unfortunately I just put a set of new LRR tires on last week, and with as little as I drive, it will probably take me at least a month to get them properly broken in. Even if I dumped a placebo into my tank, the mileage will get progressively better as the tires break in.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:10 AM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
My vehicle is setup so I would know almost instantly. I regularly monitor my fuel trim with my scangauge, so if my fuel trim instantly goes south, I know it doesn't work. Unfortunately I just put a set of new LRR tires on last week, and with as little as I drive, it will probably take me at least a month to get them properly broken in. Even if I dumped a placebo into my tank, the mileage will get progressively better as the tires break in.
Hi, Jay -

I am not ignoring you; my A**hole of a server keeps "pulling my plug" and wiping me out!
Sorry; I'll keep trying.

Ted Hart / CHEMbustion
Old 04-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
Would someone on this list volunteer to try out Gasalene's product if he were to send some test samples for free?

Because there is no way in Hell I'm going to be the guinea pig!

Gasalene, how about it?
Sample? Of a concept? How?

-Ted Hart / CHEMbustion
Old 04-17-2012, 06:30 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
*Sigh*

Ok. (*opening up my wallet)

How much?
Please close your wallet; contact with my email addy will provide you with more info before you decide to purchase my concept / technology package. I would not put anything in my gas tank based on the info I have posted.
[ chembustion at yahoo dot com ] ... is there another way to safely do this?
Old 04-17-2012, 06:41 AM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm between a rock & a hard place ; How do I tell someone who is knowledgeable about "$nake oils" and their effect$ ...without seeming like another spammer?

I have more info to send (email or snailmail) which will help you to decide upon sending for this package. I am at [ chembustion at yahoo dot com ].
Old 04-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasalene View Post
Sample? Of a concept? How?

-Ted Hart / CHEMbustion
You stated in the first post that
Quote:
I played around with several substances before I hit on a chemical which slowed the combustion down (sluggish) - then, I could advance the initial (spark) timing to wake the engine up, again.
So you used these mysterious substances and implemented your idea.

All I'm asking is that you send a sample of what you used to one of the members here to try out.

P.S. I can be bought at a price.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:06 AM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
You stated in the first post that

So you used these mysterious substances and implemented your idea.

All I'm asking is that you send a sample of what you used to one of the members here to try out.

P.S. I can be bought at a price.
Ah! If only it were that simple! Here I am, changing the gasoline chemistry (to impede the flame front velocity a bit) and you want a sample of "this substance"? So you can ...?
"Try out"? I fail to see your reasoning... If member A gets a big improvement, what does (s)he do with this info? Proclaim to the rest of the group (s)he approves of these "claims" (which I have carefully avoided making)? I see... credibility is the name of this game. But, the concept once gone, means I have lost it because the initial investment is not there. You see, "free" is also "throw away". If you have invested in something, you tend to protect this investment.
My entire aim is to fight back against the great gas pump gouge with a concept which stretches the interval between pumpings. I just happened to hit on a substance which altered the chain-of-events in the air-fuel-ignition sequence.
Prior to computerized ignition systems (points & capacitor days), I had to power time for optimum efficiency; this was a fixed system. Not very flexible; ie, it was compromising. With the introduction of the oxygen sensor, I now had the perfect system ... always power timing. OBD-ll saved the day!
Hint: Take a chance & try it out. Then, you can offer your endorsement ... or not.
Can you see my dilemma? There are other <gassavers...> members here which were on yesteryears <MPGResearch>. They took a chance - you can ask them about their approvals. A sample is not what this is about; a conceptual change in chemistry is ....
Ted Hart ( a ScanGauge ll supporter)