Chemically modify the gasoline. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-11-2012, 05:56 AM   #1
Registered Member

Chemically modify the gasoline.

After reading this long list of engine / aero / tranny mods, I notice there is no mention of modding the gasoline chemistry. Why do this? The flame front of today's gasoline is too fast; the trend towards speeding up this front ("to achieve better combustion") is counter-productive. Ask any guru.
I realize discussions of chemistry & thermodynamics is a sure-fire turn-off to many people. Be that as it may, chemistry is what this combustion thing is all about! To change gasoline combustion, turning a screw or putting a "turbulater" on your air intake is not addressing the problem (and you might just upset the emissions gods); pouring a can of super combustible $nake oil in your gas tank might make you feel better, but is it really gonna change combustion? Not really. The trend lately is "cleaner". Cleaner?
Years ago, when pump gas quality was slipping, I decided there was too much BS (Bad Science) about pump gas - so I "took some apart"... to find out exactly what all this press was about. To my knowledge, this had not done before.
The findings? Pump gas (any brand, any octane, any locale) was/is not all gasoline. No, nothing is put into the gas... but have you smelled this stuff?
Long story short, I now knew what had to be done to pump gas (even avgas) to alter combustion. I played around with several substances before I hit on a chemical which slowed the combustion down (sluggish) - then, I could advance the initial (spark) timing to wake the engine up, again.
My MPG meter seemed to like it (this was pre-ScanGage years); I pushed more & more ; found the "ping point" and then used a timing light to check the initial timing. It was way advanced. Power timing, remember? Now, we have computerized ignition ...controlled by the oxygen sensor. Automatic "ping" supression. Power timing all the time. So cool! The result is more torque (no "ping") available at a given throttle setting. Imagine cruising downhill; what happens to your gas mileage? Right! All because the flame front is slower. PM me to finish this conversation....

Gasalene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
Registered Member

Re: Chemically modify the gasoline.

*Sigh*

Ok. (*opening up my wallet)

How much?

tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:45 AM   #3
Registered Member

yeah OK how.....

Oh dang Tradosaurus beat me to it!

Peter.
GasSavers_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #4

Is this Chembustion??
markweatherill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
*Sigh*

Ok. (*opening up my wallet)

How much?
How much? Send me an email, chief... so we can talk about this more (I have several pages of printed facts / discussion ... yes, including the co$t of this technology). Ye shall be informed / pleased with your purchase; there is no scam here! I am a retired R&D engineer who just happens to be an auto buff - so, no smoke. If you are serious, you will contact me OFF this forum.

My ride is equipped with a ScanGuage II ... I dislike factoring in all the clutter of "assumptions". The only changes I have made (except the gasoline mod) to this vehicle are tires & a blockage of the aero-dirty grill opening... which seems to help my over-all average MPG (VERY slightly).

I'm fully aware of mentioning such a MPG improver on a public forum. Everyone is an expert... as well as being skeptical. Sobeit. These forums are full of battles. I don't fight. This is why the email route (keeps forum administrators happier[?]).

I have had only ONE dissatisfied customer over the years... and, upon my asking for further info as to what he had done to not get the results I had - I found out he had short-cutted my prep advice. So, I set him straight... and never heard from him again.

Ted Hart / chembustion at yahoo dot com
Old 04-13-2012, 06:08 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markweatherill View Post
Is this Chembustion??
Yes it is. Who might you be? MPGResearch?
Old 04-13-2012, 06:09 AM   #7
Registered Member

Talking Re: Chemically modify the gasoline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
yeah OK how.....

Oh dang Tradosaurus beat me to it!

Peter.
See the other posts....
Old 04-13-2012, 06:32 AM   #8
Registered Member

so where abouts in north carolina are you? just curious.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #9
Registered Member

Talking Re: Chemically modify the gasoline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
so where abouts in north carolina are you? just curious.
I'm in Chaham Co. - the boonies; next to the edge of the Earth. And it's not quite far enough out....
Old 04-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #10
Registered Member

Oops! Try Chatham....