Ethanol Free Gas Found At Last!!! - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-25-2009, 02:04 PM   #41
Registered Member

Prolly something like $15 a litre can from a model shop... though there's been some restriction in supply of stuff for brewing your own model airplane fuels in the last few years... try getting ether or amyl nitrate for making model diesel fuel f'rinstance.

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:10 PM   #42
Registered Member

just found out the gas on base here is 10% + or - meth.. its cheaper than off base usually by 3-10 cents/gallon. im gonna absorb the extra cost and fill up with non meth and see if i get more out of it. definately not as intensive as the testing that most of the guys do here, but if i get 10-20 more miles out of a full tank i will call this myth busted.

the less throttle you give, the more mileage you get!
hi tech hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:35 AM   #43
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
If the gas on that base is 10% methanol (I assume that's what you mean by "meth", not the drug ) then your experiment won't mean much for the ethanol issue.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:05 AM   #44
Registered Member

my experiment, it seems will take MUCH longer than previously thought. i found a new manufacturer that sells coil packs cheap, so i'm gonna replace all 4. it seems it was more than 1 going bad as noted in another thread.

in addition, the fuel filter and upstream O2 were replaced. so, after i get the remainder of the coil packs(still waiting), i'll resume testing. obviously w/ this "tune-up" i'll have to retest w/ E10 as well to be entirely accurate.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:51 AM   #45
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
If the gas on that base is 10% methanol (I assume that's what you mean by "meth", not the drug ) then your experiment won't mean much for the ethanol issue.

no, i meant methamphetamines, really gives your car a pick me up for a few hours, the downside is that the grill rots off...lol..

Old 07-31-2009, 07:01 AM   #46
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi tech hillbilly View Post
no, i meant methamphetamines, really gives your car a pick me up for a few hours, the downside is that the grill rots off...lol..
I ought to try that the next time I'm in a hurry...drop some crystal meth in the intake and get there a lot quicker!
Old 07-31-2009, 07:05 AM   #47
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
I ought to try that the next time I'm in a hurry...drop some crystal meth in the intake and get there a lot quicker!
lol

Old 07-31-2009, 08:16 PM   #48
Registered Member

One of the best things about my trip to Oklahoma? I don't think I saw an e10 station anywhere! All booze gas-free!
'09 Harley Nightster - 48mpg and 1/4 miles in the 12's
jcp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #49
Registered Member

I prefer my booze gas free, also.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:47 PM   #50
Registered Member

What station is it?

soda_pop503 is offline   Reply With Quote