HHO vs water vapor injection - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > Experiments, Modifications and DIY
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2008, 04:16 AM   #41
Registered Member

Figured I'd get that wrong....yea...3.5 G = 448 oz and 30 oz = 6.7%

My calculator goes on the fritz now and then...jumps into stats and other crapola...that's my excuse anyway.

No point in being so aggressive/defensive...we're all learning here?

This forum is inhabited by some cultish naysayers who apparently don't test...but do criticize others testing with no real evidence other than their supposed greater technical knowledge. There are also some clones of this forum with apparently the same people posting on them. The intention seems to involve discouraging testing other than driving techniques and aero. I suspect black $ funding...oil, auto and/or govt...or others who don't respect the truth.

You've heard of the Cult of the Swimming Elephant (COTSE)? How about the Cult of the Pulse and Glide Aliens (COTPGA)? :-0

So a 7% rate is not too bad...looks like a potential winner....if you put in smaller jets or lean out in some other way. Testing at a steady 55 mph would be a more accurate/comparable test? Do like your technically-based testing.

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:40 AM   #42
Registered Member

Flapdoodle, turn the water too steam, run 2 to 7%, increase vacuum advance 2 to 4 degrees, shoot it past the idle discharge ports if you can.
edit: Double up the carb gasket. Sandwich a small tube between, point it at the idle discharge port.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:01 AM   #43
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxc View Post
Flapdoodle, turn the water too steam, run 2 to 7%, increase vacuum advance 2 to 4 degrees, shoot it past the idle discharge ports if you can.
edit: Double up the carb gasket. Sandwich a small tube between, point it at the idle discharge port.
If I am reading this correctly, the tube would extend into the bore. This would create a problem since the the throttle plates extend below the base of the carb when they open and would sever the tube. I believe two tubes would be necessary; one for each bore.

I could handle the vacuum advance as you suggested.

The double gasket idea reminded me to post something I was told by some old-timers (even older than me) in North Dakota they used during the depression. I will do that on a new thread.
flapdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:37 PM   #44
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapdoodle View Post
If I am reading this correctly, the tube would extend into the bore. This would create a problem since the the throttle plates extend below the base of the carb when they open and would sever the tube. I believe two tubes would be necessary; one for each bore.

I could handle the vacuum advance as you suggested.

The double gasket idea reminded me to post something I was told by some old-timers (even older than me) in North Dakota they used during the depression. I will do that on a new thread.
No problem, as the plates go up as they uncover the idle tranfor port as well. In between two gaskets. Doesn't have too extend into the bore. You can buy very thin carb spacers.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:03 PM   #45
Registered Member

Researchers Observe Hydrogen-Bond Exchange

For those of you who are technically minded:
http://www.physorg.com/news129471213.html
flapdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:39 PM   #46
Registered Member

[QUOTE=flapdoodle " I started this because the hydrogen generator caused ping (I expected that) and retarding the ignition did not seem like something I wanted to do, because it made the vacuum drop (which means the carburetor is putting more fuel in)."

At idle when the vacuum drops you pull less fuel.
Retard your timing 3 degrees. Run a little less water flow.
Still run the HHO.
I was reading on a link over on the "Speedtalk" web site. "Sorry can't find it" was some SAE papers on humidly effects on CO oxidation. Bottom line it said that the proper amount of humidly in creases the speed that CO burns during the combustion process.
Mark
Old 05-16-2008, 02:31 AM   #47
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtonXX View Post
eww aquatune.

I had bad luck with them
Can you expand on that? What exactly do you mean?
JV-Tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:38 AM   #48
Registered Member

I know water vapor 'helps'. I remember about 8 years ago My Toyota Carina S/W developed a small leak between the cooler and engine. So when the water heated up the vapor would get into the system. I noticed that the car had more power during this 'problem' and better fuel efficiency. So, HHO and Vapor does work.

I am an experimenter and I have tried many experiments. Actually, if you look at engines closely you will see that the OIL vapor is taken into the air intake. So, it figures that if you increase the 'richness' of the oil then you get more power/milage.

I am in Sri Lanka.
priyanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:15 PM   #49
Registered Member

Run a copper wire through the exhaust...

Inject free out of hose water into intake above (lets say) 1,500rpms.

Done.

This heated water will take a lot of space in the combustion chamber so less fuel is injected and you then just lean out the mixture to around 15.1
-------
My question is, how far can you lean it out before you start seeing knock? (detonation). Could you go 17.1 maybe if the heated water got really hot?
Old 06-12-2008, 02:55 PM   #50
Registered Member

I think you can go about 17.5:1 before it knocks without the water. Then the trouble is getting an even burn. Best economy is supposedly around 16:1 due to power dropping off like a stone after that. There's a region in between stoich and 16:1 though where NOx spikes, so you can use water for combustion cooling to prevent NOx in transition, and to keep it lower when you're at around 16. When ratios as low as 25:1 are talked of in lean burn modes, what's really happing is that the charge is stratified such that there's a richer pocket that burns completely and evenly, and the remainder is air that is heated by the burn for extra piston thrust. A homegenous 25:1 charge would not burn at all well, unless it was plasma jet excited or had other exotic means of ignition (Microwaves, UV burst, other ionising radiaton etc..*)

(* oh yeah, that's what I need to invent next, pulse laser spark plugs)

Edit: We might also regard HHO as an "exotic" method of ignition promotion, due to flame front propagation speed.

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote