How to trick the EFI on newer cars... - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > Experiments, Modifications and DIY
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2008, 08:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

How to trick the EFI on newer cars...

What's the easiest way?

What about these devices that HHO Gen companies sell?

Nightwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:10 PM   #2
Registered Member

Don't Buy It...Make It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
What's the easiest way?

What about these devices that HHO Gen companies sell?
Go here first and check this site out http://www.smacksboosters.110mb.com/

Check all the links, he shows you how to do it and how to make it. Vids on YouTube also. He also frequents yahoo groups under the watercar and hydroxy heading.

The best way to trick the ECU is to tap into the barometric (sometimes called the atmospheric sensor) sensor with a potentiometer resistor. This sensor is what sends the signal to the ecu to lean out the gas ratio at higher altitude. The higher the altitude the car thicks its at the leaner the mix.

Ron

Old 05-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to getnpsi
I have an efie on my 2004 dodge, and also a map signal modifier, used to pull fuel when using larger injectors. I went back to factory sized injectors and just as an experiment i tried pulling out a small percentage across the board. it made no difference. The later obd-2 cars are very tough to fool. I played with voltage with pretty much everything that has a wire on it in the car but nothing came of it--(a few CELs). I CAN change my afr's with all the aftermarket racing software that's come along but i intend to sell the car very soon, so I am done upgrading. I cant wait to rip those toys off the dodge and get them into the aspire where i am confident Ill have something in my favor occur.
getnpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:58 AM   #4
Registered Member

Well the issue is with only trying to fool one at once, it doesn't measure up to what the rest of the sensors are telling it, so it ignores it and goes by default values. Fooling several sensors together will have more effect.

It's like being blindfolded and walked into a meatlocker and being told you're in warm sunny garden, you ain't gonna buy it.... if they stuck an IR lamp in there and had some recorded birdsong playing... you might.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:44 AM   #5
Registered Member

You might succeed if you could alter the signal from the primary 02 sensor. Thats the last component in the fuel feedback systems.

Downside is it could hurt your cat and the secondary sensor might read the change as a problem and create a fault code and a CEL.

regards
gary